• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

When it cut to Alex Scott on the touchline being interviewed in the pre-match build up and she was wearing a 1 Love armband I thought I was going to stand up and start clapping.

That's all well and good but she was also the same person who suggested that sexuality is a choice in her big speech yesterday. She needs to understand what and who she's supporting but I'm not having a go at her specifically.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Hey guys, follow me for more expert Fantasy Football tips! 😭

797189105_Screenshot_20221121-143323_FIFA.thumb.jpg.81894683cb810be63a3cbdfee3c0cb37.jpg

Good bench mind! 

Bellingham is such an immense talent - ditto Saka. Didn't expect England to dominate the game in that fashion, annoying though the goals conceded would have been. Still, a bombastic start. 

14 minutes added time in the first half because Iran refused to hook the goalkeeper after a concussion incident. Does someone have to quite literally be beheaded for someone to take notice of this and get a grip on it? 

• Paid Members

Bellingham looked shakey before his goal, but was absolutely brilliant thereafter. Such a commanding performance from a 19yo. This kid could lead this midfield (and the team) for at least the next 15 years, such maturity.

I suppose it wouldn't be football without VAR inconsistencies, would it? Not sure how the Iran penalty was given but the bearhug on Maguire wasn't. But oh well, it's a big win regardless. Really not sure where 10 mins of added time in the 2nd half came from anyway.

This is the first major tournament match since the Euros final and two of the players that missed in the shootout scored today. Wonderful. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

This is the first major tournament match since the Euros final and two of the players that missed in the shootout scored today. Wonderful. 

Hope the racists choked on their snakebite today.

• Paid Members

I saw one article today about how deep they sat against Argentina, who needed a late Messi winner to claw the win. 'Would they do the same today against England and hope for a draw?', the article asked. The match they used as their example was from 2014 for fuck sake!

They'll probably also say how efficient the German side are and that Spain are perennial underachievers. 

22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I saw one article today about how deep they sat against Argentina, who needed a late Messi winner to claw the win. 'Would they do the same today against England and hope for a draw?', the article asked. The match they used as their example was from 2014 for fuck sake!

They'll probably also say how efficient the German side are and that Spain are perennial underachievers. 

Could be worse. They could tip Qatar to be the surprise package. 

54 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

The trouble is, they are one mistake away from being villains again. And a section of supporters want that mistake to happen. 

28 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I saw one article today about how deep they sat against Argentina, who needed a late Messi winner to claw the win.

I watched that game in Gorilla in Manchester and it was the best atmosphere for any game I’ve watched in a boozer. The Iranian community had it as their “Home” venue and it was like being in the home end. Great day, although even I didn’t cheer when Messi banged in that free kick!

Spineless shits. 

Anyone who spouts the "players shouldn't have to decide" or "players can't be thinking about these issues" tripe can fuck off too. It's fucking weird. They're not children. They're people with agency. It's not "they shouldn't decide" it's "they have decided."  

Even when winning in this tournament you look like a loser. 

• Paid Members

In fairness to Iran, I don't think it's being talked about just how much of an effect events back home have affected this group of players. Their minds were clearly elsewhere but their silent protest during their anthem was such a powerful image. Shows England up for being even more spineless than they actually are.

Also, England conceding two goals (and it should have been three) against them is not a good look at all. Defence and keeper are shit.