Last nights World Football Phone In is a World Cup special with an expert from each country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0dg8zjb

I know some don't like Tim Vickery (I like him) but to be honest,  WFPI is still the absolute best football show and Dotun is a great broadcaster. 

You also get some right weirdos call in which always makes for great/excruciating radio.

Still not up for this World Cup but the preview radio/TV/articles does help. Just a shame we have to watch the actual football. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I know some don't like Tim Vickery

Why don't some people like him? I really enjoy listening to/watching him. Wealth of knowledge when it comes to South American football and doesn't come across as pompous like some do.

The Guardian football podcast have started to review the WC teams by group as of yesterday, so I'll be listening to that too.

I was bored the other night and did a very brief preview of the key players for the big teams. Might post it on here in a bit. 

5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Why don't some people like him? I really enjoy listening to/watching him. Wealth of knowledge when it comes to South American football and doesn't come across as pompous like some do.

He did (does?) a column in The Sun, which obviously is shit. He's a bit cringe as well, but he knows his onions and I think he's quite funny. 

7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

The Guardian football podcast have started to review the WC teams by group as of yesterday, so I'll be listening to that too.

Assume this has Glendenning involved? If so, fuck that. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

This is all going to go well isn’t it

We knew all this before they even got it, though. Just highlights what a bunch of fuckheads FIFA are, especially when Blatter was Chief Fuckhead.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

This is all another reason that proves the USA World Cup was the death of football. 

Can you imagine what would have happened if Diana Ross had scored that penalty? I think a lot of people found out Football wasn't real when those goalposts collapsed after she missed.

She kayfabed it, brother. But yeah, it opened up Blatters eyes to corporate sponsorship. After it he vowed to get world cups in Africa, the far east, Eastern Europe and the Middle East. And sure as shit, the money flowed in and made it all happen. John Motson once said with a straight face Blatter should get the Nobel peace prize for bringing the game to the world. You wouldn’t catch Barry Davies coming out with such guff. 

• Paid Members

His eyes were open to sponsorship money and all that shite long before 94, his predecessor was the architect of that and Blatter picked up that ball and ran with it when he became general secretary of FIFA. The new document on Netflix is well worth a watch for this topic. 

That video of Infantino suggesting the World Cup can bring about a ceasefire in Ukraine... he's a complete nutter isn't he?  Seems genuinely to have a messiah complex.

14 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

His eyes were open to sponsorship money and all that shite long before 94, his predecessor was the architect of that and Blatter picked up that ball and ran with it when he became general secretary of FIFA. The new document on Netflix is well worth a watch for this topic. 

Wasn’t 94 the first to make major moolah? That really changed shit up. Is the Netflix doc a one off or is it spread over ten unnecessary episodes like they usually do?