3 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

One of the Qatari ambassadors for the World Cup has just referred to homosexuality as a 'damage in the mind', just in case you're still not sure where you stand on this absolute fucking hump of a tournament. 

This is a weird one I think. I don’t agree with it, but it is their country and their religion. We shouldn’t have had the World Cup there in the first place. 

I won’t tolerate any Henderson slander in this thread, thank you very much.

He (like Pickford) is one who, regardless of club form, never tends to put a foot wrong for England. Don’t expect him to be starting many games mind, but a good calm head off the bench.

It’s the likes of Maguire, Walker and Phillips making the squad without ever really playing for their clubs that you should be concerned at.

• Awards Moderator
49 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

The defence looks worse than the midfield. Their hands are tied with the full-backs, maybe, but those CBs are brutal. No Tomori is an insane call. Pure ignorance.

That was my first takeaway from it. Trippier aside, are any of the others good, fit and/or experienced enough?

I can’t wait to see them get ripped apart after the group stages. In the news, that is.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Very pleased for Madders - one of the best players to adorn Norwich City's colours over the last few years. Did lots of good work in the area especially with young children who were quite poorly and I believe still makes charitable contributions to some of the initiatives he worked with even though he left the club years ago. Hopefully he actually gets some game time and isn't left to rot on Southgate's bench. 

Trippier has been excellent for Newcastle this season - solid at the back but also a genuine threat from set pieces too. I think you could do a lot worse than start all three of the Newcastle chaps together - Pope's been solid in goal and Wilson's been doing the business up front too. Probably won't happen but while they're in form, why not strike while the iron's hot? 

Maguire's inclusion is pretty daft. Ditto Kalvin Phillips. 

• Paid Members

Southgate has absolutely bottled it. Not picking Tomori is fucking mad, especially when the alternatives are Dier, Maguire and Coady. 

Phillips is also a ridiculous pick up, and I am really disappointed that Ivan Toney didn't make the squad. I get why Abraham didn't, though. Pleased for Wilson.