There are many iconic images from this World Cup. The Germany team covering their mouths, the Welsh red wall belting out the anthem, Richarlison scoring an incredible acrobatic goal, Kane looking like the world is on his shoulders after his penalty miss, Messi lifting the trophy...

...but they all absolutely pale in significance next to this. Art.

spacer.png

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, PunkStep said:
  Hide contents

Vava and Neeskens?

One fact that nobody seems to have spotted is that Mbappe is the first player to score in consecutive finals since that bloke. Not that he'll give a shit about that right now, nor the "most goals in finals" accolade, nor the tweet from Sir Geoff.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

One fact that nobody seems to have spotted is that Mbappe is the first player to score in consecutive finals since that bloke.

Sam fucking Matterface pointed this out yesterday, and I've seen loads of people point it out.

On that point, I really hate that cunt but I like Ally McCoist so...its a tough choice. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

A bit late to the party but last month Mustapha Hadji, assistant manager of Morocco (and one of the best purchases Cov ever made in the 90s) is banned from all footy related activities for falsifying his coaching licence.

We've all lied on our CV. Free him.