2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

In fairness to Iran, I don't think it's being talked about just how much of an effect events back home have affected this group of players. Their minds were clearly elsewhere

Excellent point. They were very poor, but can see that would affect them.

Can see Wales smashing through their defence.

Hope they beat the USA though, as that was well funny last time.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

I have never really rated Pickford that highly, he is decent enough, but not good enough or reliable enough for a top team or top level international Duty's. I much prefer Ramsdale or Pope

He's probably the biggest reason Everton weren't relegated last season and he was very good for England in their last two tournaments, despite his little arms. He's decent enough. Touted as a replacement for Lloris as Spurs, who could do a lot worse.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Saka and Sterling at times were unplayable. 

Weirdly enough before the game I’d have cited Sterling (as well as Maguire) as one of the inconsistencies to his selection compared to Saka and Bellingham deserving starts on club form. But it sounds like he played well.

I think I stumbled on the answer about Maguire in an interview with Stones I read last week where he talked about trusting Maguire. I’m a big believer in partnerships on the pitch, and the unit being more important than individuals ; is it possible Stones goes to bat for Maguire, the way Owen used to for Heskey? That he makes it clear to Southgate he’d rather have Maguire next to him than any other option?

• Paid Members

USMNT should have walked that. Completely dominated the first half but took their foot off the gas too much in the second half to allow Wales hope. They moved the ball around so well for 45 mins. Good game to watch, quite a physical battle. Everyone must be absolutely fucked after that. 

I thought the commentators were going to cum every time Wales made a successful tackle.

• Paid Members

USA were really disappointing, expected them to run rings around Wales but they didn't seem to have an ounce of energy in them. Goal was lovely though, but I expected them to walk it after that went in.

I can see Holland somehow hobbling their way into about the quarter finals but they were pretty crap tonight. Senegal were also disappointing though, they had a real chance for an upset and never got going.

Also fair play to Neco Williams who had a fine game. He’s from the next village over and his friends and family and everyone else kept away from him that his Taid died this afternoon until after full time so he could just enjoy himself on the big stage.

Edited by Butch2000

17 minutes ago, Butch2000 said:

Also fair play to Neco Williams who had a fine game. He’s from the next village over and his friends and family and everyone else kept away from him that his Taid died this afternoon until after full time so he could just enjoy himself on the big stage.