Triple H Announces His Retirement

Jazzy G

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

No ref, no bell, no finish. Which is why no one seems to recognise it as a match.

Apart from at the very least the guy who uploaded that video you’ve quoted.

But yeah, not an actual match.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Expected but still gutted. His rare appearances have been some of the few things I've been properly hyped for and enjoyed of the last five or six years in WWE. In an era where they've forgot how to make new stars, his absence has been felt the most. I have no doubt if he ran up against Braun, Joe, Drew or Roman (before he'd been established as a bottler inferior to Brock) when they were hot, the company would be in a much better place. Like what he did for Ronda.

One of the very best ever. I'm dreading his Hall of Fame induction WITH SHAWN MICHAELS INDUCTING HIM!!! though.

Gutting but not surprising reading how serious the heart issue was. Some great moments in the ring and a big legacy outside the ring with how NXT evolved from the game show format to its own thing

I hope he can return to a non in-ring role but if he gives it up for good I wouldn’t blame him, especially for Stephanie and their girls’ sake, they must have been so terrified when it happened 

You just know Vince is going to have another match now so he can laud it over his disappointment son in law that he’s still an active wrestler. Bet he loosens the bottle top on the ketchup for Tripper when he’s round for steak night. 

Game Boy was one of the best heels of all time for me. I genuinely fucking despised him and it's only as I got older I realised he worked the shit out of me by being an obnoxious prick heel.

I love that he became a hate-figure with militant internet marks by working us into a shoot. 

And I remember that babyface WWE run when he came back from the injury vividly. 

Seems like a good solid family man and decent all round guy. He's in a heat spot management role but mostly people seem to respect him as a decent guy.

Gutted we won't see him in the ring competing one last time, but wish Game Boy all the best. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, IronSheik said:

I love that he became a hate-figure with militant internet marks by working us into a shoot.

What does that mean?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, IronSheik said:

Game Boy was one of the best heels of all time for me. I genuinely fucking despised him and it's only as I got older I realised he worked the shit out of me by being an obnoxious prick heel.

And I remember that babyface WWE run when he came back from the injury vividly. 

Seems like a good solid family man and decent all round guy. He's in a heat spot management role but mostly people seem to respect him as a decent guy.

Gutted we won't see him in the ring competing one last time, but wish Game Boy all the best. 

You only missed using the word “Mark” to complete my wrestling buzz word bingo card. And “Game Boy”?

I’ve said before but the RR 2000 video package of HHH v Cactus Jack was the thing that got me back to watching Wrestling for the first time since 1996. He’s run here was almost the best of his career for me. Whilst in later years he’d definitely became less interesting compared to all the newer stars, it’s a real shame he didn’t get a proper retirement match. I wonder what’s next for him?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

5 hours ago, IronSheik said:

While he won't have personally signed the deal, I think anyone helping to lead the company into the blood money era would be someone I'd struggle to describe as a decent guy. Nobody held a gun to his head.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’ve said before but the RR 2000 video package of HHH v Cactus Jack was the thing that got me back to watching Wrestling for the first time since 1996

I've sad before but it's a thread worth repeating it in, HHH really sold cactus as a threat in that smackdown clip and made it feel like something of note, especially to me as I was watching wcw before that and wasn't really in the wwf know.

If he wanted to he could have fucked about and joked how he's just took his shirt off, but he didn't. He sold cactus as a legitimate threat, more of a threat than mankind who he was lording it over with a cock grin. 

As good as foley was, and those last 2 months were him really putting effort in again after 6 to 8 months of coasting and slowing down, that match and build was a case of both being on thier a game and it taking two to tango. It's still one of my favourite matches. 

Know a cynic would say he's smart enough to know you build foley up because you're going over in the end so beat a star, but he certainly forgot this in that 03 - 06 spell.  

As an addition HHH was much the same in 97 when cactus rocked up on Raw, just more anger than fear that time. 

Edit: fun RR2000 note, it was the first wrestling VHS I had and watched it to death, so I ask foley to sign it. After he'd done I walked around very confused as he'd addressed it to "big boy".

After I got home I realised that it was "bang bang" as was very relieved. 

Edited by Tommy!

For all the shit he did over the years he was brilliant when he could be bothered. My favorite moments of his career include: 

Vs Rock at Backlash 00, just so great! And the ladder match at SummerSlam 98.

Vs Jericho including Fully Loaded 00 and that phantom title win. 

Vs Benoit Vs Michaels both times, just great matches. 

Putting over Batista strong in ?05, especially that HiaC.

Anything w Foley  particularly the classic at RR00

Say what you will but he clearly loved the industry and the passion and dedication he showed was phenomenal. Of course he will always be seen as a class below Michaels et al because he was solid but far from a consistent  5* show stealer. I think he is one of all time great heels ever though. 

Good luck to him. W 20 years of damage to his body, he deserves a rrest.at the end it seemed like he genuinely cared about the youngsters. 

On a side note, does anyone wonder if the heart issue was roid related? They wouldn't admit it but surely a genetic thing would have been picked up in the years of medicals he'd have had (general ones and those for his surgeries)?