Wrestling podcasts 2023

hallicks

• Paid Members

Regal and fucking Conrad sounds like such an oil and water combination. Regal’s one of the best storytellers and most easy to listen to wrestlers around. Really can’t be doing with Conrad butting in with his shite catchphrases every 30 seconds. Even when it’s about stuff the Observer doesn’t cover and he can’t do his incessant “Meltzer says…” bollocks, you know it’s still gonna be a load of “so I hear Rollerball Rocco was named after a biro. Is that just rumour and innuendo? Telegram, telephone, tell a wrestler? A lot to unpack here.” Piss off. 

Thats seriously disheartening that Conrad is involved. Only hope is Regal going off on his (endlessy entertaining) tangents about Daddy, Haystacks, Blackpool and the like that Conrad has no reference point for interuption.

I assume Foley's podcast will just be an excuse for him to creep on the women wrestlers, in the guise of offering them a voice.

• Paid Members

More power to anyone who wants to hear more from Regal, I love him as an on-screen character and I’m sure he’s got tonnes of stories and amazing insight, but I thought his appearance on the Jericho podcast was horrendous and I couldn’t get through more than thirty minutes. The way he kept going off on tangents and forgetting his original point was awful, awful audio. Genuinely stressed me out trying to keep track of his line of thought.

15 hours ago, Supremo said:

More power to anyone who wants to hear more from Regal, I love him as an on-screen character and I’m sure he’s got tonnes of stories and amazing insight, but I thought his appearance on the Jericho podcast was horrendous and I couldn’t get through more than thirty minutes. The way he kept going off on tangents and forgetting his original point was awful, awful audio. Genuinely stressed me out trying to keep track of his line of thought.

I felt the same and was slightly baffled by the positive reception.

I thought it was quite a depressing car crash.

20 hours ago, Supremo said:

I thought it was amazing. I want Regal to riff like he's in a pub or something chatting to me. Loved it. I just want his fun war stories. Plus on a podcast with a format he'll have a clue. The Jericho stuff was recorded clearly while they were on the road and he'd just spent the first hour telling how he nearly carked it a dozen times. 

• Paid Members
On 5/19/2022 at 11:12 PM, Gay as FOOK said:

A dedicated Nash podcast? 

That I don't have to endure Chummy Conrad to listen to? 

Nice one. 

Big Sexy doesn't need any dick pills. 

Its meant to be about the start of AEW and where regal was . It doesn’t get close. The host needs to step in and reign him in when he’s off on a tangent and not answering what’s asked 

I really wanted to like the Foley podcast.

I listened to the first half an hour or so but it was so rambling. I started skipping ahead but every bit I got to was so mundane. For example, a story about not being able to attend a WM after-party because he had to look after his youngest. 

I finally got to a bit where they were talking about the match the episode was meant to be about, his HIAC retitement, after 2 and a half hours. He was just saying *exactly* the same as he wrote in his book about it 20 years ago. Nothing new. 

Maybe the next episode will be better when he's settled in, but I'm not sure if I'll be wasting my time to find out. 

I hope the Regal one is better. I loved his TIJ interview, so hope for more of the same.