Wrestling podcasts 2023

hallicks

It was a painful listen and I could tell Flair was tuned out for the last 5 weeks or so. Madden says they lost the deal with podcast one anyway so Flair's obviously looking to blame someone. He's obviously back on the sauce big time, especially since he split with Wendy Barlow.

Conrad will do a more structured one but I can see it failing after maybe 2 months. I'm guessing they won't try the old style of them talking to another guest again as Flair has burned so many bridges now.

Probably be better if Flair only did one once a month for all concerned but I guess that doesn't make any money.

• Paid Members
On 3/27/2022 at 10:09 AM, Egg Shen said:

Thanks for that Regal recommendation, i'll have a listen later. 

I think I overdosed on wrestling podcasts in general though, i used to listen to a ton but have unsubscribed to most feeds. 

Are there any new ones worth giving a go?

Top Rope Nation is one of the better ones out there, if you haven't listened to it before. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RicFlairLegend said:

It was a painful listen and I could tell Flair was tuned out for the last 5 weeks or so. Madden says they lost the deal with podcast one anyway so Flair's obviously looking to blame someone. He's obviously back on the sauce big time, especially since he split with Wendy Barlow.

Conrad will do a more structured one but I can see it failing after maybe 2 months. I'm guessing they won't try the old style of them talking to another guest again as Flair has burned so many bridges now.

Probably be better if Flair only did one once a month for all concerned but I guess that doesn't make any money.

I did sit through one of the new shows and it was a mess. 

Conrad's structured approach will probably be a better listen but there's no way Flair will have the patience to get through those long shows.

1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

Top Rope Nation is one of the better ones out there, if you haven't listened to it before. 

Echo that, and Kyle Ross has been doing a very enjoyable series of podcasts with our very own @Liam O'Rourke on the WWF in 1990 and 1991. Hopefully that series continues into 1992 and gets released a bit closer together

A weekly podcast on TV ratings that manages to avoid the "hot-take culture" of today is going to be quite the achievement 🤣 I quite like 83 Weeks but when Bischoff applies things from 25 years ago it can be quite the struggle to take him seriously.

Edited by Infinity Land

8 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said:

Bischoff's podcast with Conrad is passable at best (and the worst parts by far are when he tries to comment on current wrestling with his 20 year old frame of reference) and his pre-Conrad podcast was fucking awful, so you couldn't pay me to listen that. 

Fortunately, you would have to pay to listen to it. We're never going to hear it, just stuck seeing all the clickbait headlines that will come from it.

9 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

I listened to BIG E on a podcast, although i cant recall which one, possibly Ryan satin or Chris van villet, and he said that he is only like that  on camera and with very close friends and is introverted by nature and quiet. Its pretty cool to see he has a release as such. Its true of many actors too.

yeah he loves to be a loner, keeping to himself etc. but honestly check out each of the episodes of their New Day Pod and you will be in histerics :)