Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

We split the sausages because they taste better that way. Caramelises the inside so it’s more similar to the sausage meat patties. The lack of bacon is because we had a breakfast yesterday and only had two slices left!

Not going to make excuses for that egg though. I even tried to hide the overcooked yolk so I wouldn’t get battered on here but true to Fry Up thread form it didn’t matter because everything else got panned anyway.

• Awards Moderator

Waterloo, London to line me up for Southampton away.

83FD6CC8-CA63-43B3-AA5C-A66A3AA00517.thumb.jpeg.6e6ec7c96c1b894c4aca17ae63eee998.jpeg

Only one sausage would be bad enough but replacing bacon with fucking belly pork is bordering on lunacy. Served on Alan’s big plate didn’t help the visual.

The things I do for my football club.

20 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Waterloo, London to line me up for Southampton away.

83FD6CC8-CA63-43B3-AA5C-A66A3AA00517.thumb.jpeg.6e6ec7c96c1b894c4aca17ae63eee998.jpeg

Only one sausage would be bad enough but replacing bacon with fucking belly pork is bordering on lunacy. Served on Alan’s big plate didn’t help the visual.

The things I do for my football club.

Very poor. 

If I'd known you were going to that match I'd have got a ticket for the home end and had a pint with you @Frankie Crisp

Might even have taken you for a proper fry up 😆

Right then, lads. Prepare yourselves. I like a good old fashioned greasy spoon fry up as much as the next guy but today I decided to splash out and go to one of the fancy cafes and have a posh breakfast, and I'll tell you now - it was outstanding. 

aYEwEYy.jpg

As per the menu - Dry cured Wenlock Farm bacon, sausage, Shropshire Salumi chorizo patty, mushroom, poached Hollowdene egg, house beans. Plus a little pot of Chipotle ketchup.

I'm not usually a fan of "home made" baked beans, but these were the best I've had. Poached egg was cooked to perfection. There was supposed to be tomatoes as well but I told them to not even bother. The wife had the same but without tomato and mushroom and they gave her an extra rasher of bacon instead. Cracking coffee too.

8.5/10

26 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah that is outstanding work. If that was only an 8.5, I can't wait to see what you deem a 10.

Well I’m still not convinced on home made beans and I’d rather the toast be separate for buttering. But they’re just personal preferences.