AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

That MJF promo would have meant a lot more if it hadn't been done in front of wrestling fans. They're one of the main reasons I rarely bother much with wrestling anymore, the fans just become bigger bellends year on year and their responses to what was otherwise a really excellent segment spoiled it to a degree.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

That MJF promo would have meant a lot more if it hadn't been done in front of wrestling fans. They're one of the main reasons I rarely bother much with wrestling anymore, the fans just become bigger bellends year on year and their responses to what was otherwise a really excellent segment spoiled it to a degree.

I think that’s a bit harsh. He’s been a shit arse heel for 2 years. He was getting booed as I don’t think people were buying it, but by the end they were and he was getting cheered.

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I think that’s a bit harsh. He’s been a shit arse heel for 2 years. He was getting booed as I don’t think people were buying it, but by the end they were and he was getting cheered.

Exactly. They were obviously unsure how to take it after years of him trolling and being a dick.

I thought this was another belting show. Setting up Revolution perfectly. It is shaping up to be one of the cards of the year.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

• Paid Members

Yeah, I love Buddy (he's definitely one of my Boys - I missed the surprise Edge return on the Summerslam 2019 preshow because I was back in the food queue I'd previously abandoned to rush back to my seat when Buddy unexpectedly came out to face Apollo Crews) but I was disappointed he turned up in his regular gear for this, it just doesn't fit.

Should have had him turn up in t-shirt* and jeans for this, then got himself some more fitting gear for when it's time to wrestle.

*On the subject of t-shirts, I like the "Dark Secret" slogan/nickname they've gone with on Buddy's as a House of Black play on his "Best Kept Secret" thing.

• Awards Moderator

Buddy's run as Cruiserweight Champion on 205 Live was great - he was having belting matches week after week. I'm happy for him to be in AEW if he can recapture some of that, but 205 Live let him be the biggest fish in a tiny pond, whereas here he's just one of a massive shoal or other lots-of-fish metaphor.

• Paid Members

Buddy being part of Black's group feels a bit too "inside baseball"; they're mates in real life, and it seems like that's why they've been put together as a team. But as characters they're not people who feel like they should be mates, and the onus should be on Buddy to adjust his style accordingly, and on Tony Khan to insist upon it.

5 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I'm like 80% sure it's a NJPW/AEW supershow. He has implied a couple of times it's more along the lines of a business agreement than a talent signing.

Or maybe it'll just be "AEW is coming to HBO Max" and I will be whelmed.

The mention of NDAs makes me think there has to be more to it than just a NJ/AEW supershow.

The purchase of RoH would make a kind of sense. AEW would want NDAs in place to prevent a potential bidding war over the tape library from the WWE. Sinclair might be willing to enter into NDAs as they don't want to simply sell the tape library. They want continued programming for their stations.

HBO MAX right before the PPV could fit for a televised announcement. As they could pitch it as being available for subscribers as part the Revolution sales pitch. Just don't think it matches up with the hype.

Tony Khan buys ROH.

Cody Rhodes then signs for ROH.

Cody then becomes ROH World champion.

AEW then want to get rid of all ROH recognised titles and therefore have a unification match between Cody and whoever is AEW champ at the time.

Brandi referees the match.

Cody wins to become the first All Elite Wring World champion.

Cody cuts a promo nobody understands but is still neither face or heel in his own mind.

It's win-win all round for everybody. Khan gets his wish of owning ROH. AEW keeps it's word of not signing Cody. Cody works his way round the stipulation of not challenging for the current AEW World title. And Brandi gets some more main event air-time. There isn't a person alive who isn't loving that scenario.

Edited by JimmyAnderson