AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

19 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Tony Kahn is really pushing just how big this free agent debut is going to be on Wednesday. I am...kind of starting to wonder if it isn't actually Shane fucking McMahon.

Could also be Cody Rhodes since he is a free agent.

He once called Christian the biggest game changer in AEW history. He’s a charlatan like the rest of them.

That said, I’d love it if it was Cody.

44 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

He once called Christian the biggest game changer in AEW history. He’s a charlatan like the rest of them.

To be fair, didn’t he just call him a ‘game-changer’ rather than the ‘biggest game-changer in history’? It’s a small difference (and I may be misremembering) and still a bit ridiculous; but I can understand why he might have felt that way in his ridiculously over-enthusiastic mind, given that Christian had only recently appeared in a Royal Rumble. I think it’s more an example of Tony Khan putting his foot in his mouth with an honestly held view, rather than him being purposely deceitful, for what difference that makes.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Take Tony Khan hyping a signing up with a pinch of salt after the hype he gave Christian. 

It'll be Keith Lee.

Anyone else would be a disappointment for me. I think he’s great.

Seen Jeff Hardy being heavily rumoured. I don’t mind a Hardy Boyz reunion tour, but I don’t want to see that for more then a few months.

Also seen Ali being suggested but I cannot see that happening at all.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Also seen Ali being suggested but I cannot see that happening at all.

It's massively, massively unlikely, but I can't deny  how fascinating an idea it would be.

Basically, for it to take place, Khan would basically be agreeing to cover costs of any legal battles Ali faces with WWE. And, realistically, that'd be a conversation that had already started. Presumably, Ali tried giving his notice privately to WWE before doing so publicly, so it really would be an argument around independent contractors. After all, if you're an independent contractor but not able to give notice, while the company is allowed to give notice at will, that's a screwed up situation.

I can see why Khan might be interested in this. After all, he's been made to wait for Brodie Lee and FTR when he wanted them. But on top of that, it means that unhappy talent that AEW are interested in could be only months away from joining at any point.

There have been a few times people have challenged the No-Competes and won (like with Brock). It'd seriously damage WWE and would open up something really interesting for wrestling generally.

In theory though challenging the "independent contractor" status could eventually could come back to bite AEW in the arse. 

Sure the AEW roster gets more freedom but I highly doubt that's a can of worms that Khan would want to open.

Especially for mid card act Ali.

Of course it's bullshit but it works in favour of basically every major promotion.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

In theory though challenging the "independent contractor" status could eventually could come back to bite AEW in the arse. 

But to what extent? If he's, in principle, okay with someone handing in their notice, serving their notice period and leaving, it's not the end of the world. Sure, WWE might offer a Hangman Page a few million to leave - but he's still under contract for the notice period, so can drop the title, etc. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Duke said:

Doesn't the forbidden door refer to New Japan and Impact rather than WWE? 

It’s anyone who wants to do business. He’s said he’s open to working with any company or talent. Sure, the focus has been on those two, but not exclusively.

• Paid Members

Both Impact and WWE talked about Mickie going through the forbidden door for her Rumble entry this year.