AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Fenix vs Dante Martin announced for this week. Hopefully it turns into a who can jump the highest competition. 

Great news. This week’s show really needed something like this. After a solid run of episodes, where every card leaves me salivating, this week’s show looks rubbish. I genuinely can’t figure out what the main event will even be. Surely they wouldn’t dare main event with Mercedes Martinez?!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Great news. This week’s show really needed something like this. After a solid run of episodes, where every card leaves me salivating, this week’s show looks rubbish. I genuinely can’t figure out what the main event will even be. Surely they wouldn’t dare main event with Mercedes Martinez?!

Maybe Santana vs Jericho? Or fingers crossed, a big Punk/Hangman angle.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I assumed they’d main event with whichever program they want to pull the trigger on and do a big show-closing angle.

If they go with Jericho’s match, Kingston can bring in whoever he’s got to even the odds (Sting and Darby are free now, so maybe them?) .

You could go with the Wardlow match and have him smash all the security up afterwards, flip the ring upside down and do something mad to force the MJF match. Has Big Cass improved? Is he worth getting excited about?

I think we can all agree though; if they main event with that ROH Women’s Unification match it’ll be the coldest main event in Dynamite history.

I think I am going against the general feeling on the ladder match but as someone who said Sky's first TNT run did fuck all for him, this match - at least, as it it was on-going, we will see if it lasts - had the crowd popping for Scorpio Sky like he's 2001 Rock or and for Sammy like he's 1998 Hogan. I think they may have two astronomical level faces and heels in them two if - IF - they capitalise.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

If they go with Jericho’s match, Kingston can bring in whoever he’s got to even the odds (Sting and Darby are free now, so maybe them?) .

I would never have thought I'd say it this way round, but I really hope they end the Sting/Darby pairing soon; Darby is actually holding Sting back. He's become a bit of a bore, and could do with a refresh. I'd love to see Sting, on the other hand, have one last singles run. The idea of an eventual MJF/Sting feud over the title is genuinely exciting, perhaps with Sting's career on the line, if he's feeling like winding down soon. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I would never have thought I'd say it this way round, but I really hope they end the Sting/Darby pairing soon; Darby is actually holding Sting back. He's become a bit of a bore, and could do with a refresh. I'd love to see Sting, on the other hand, have one last singles run. The idea of an eventual MJF/Sting feud over the title is genuinely exciting, perhaps with Sting's career on the line, if he's feeling like winding down soon. 

You’re not wrong. When I stop and think about it, the main reason I’d want Sting and Darby to back up Kingston’s crew is 100% for Sting, with Darby just tagging along and being part of the package. I like the idea of Sting interacting with Jericho (have they ever crossed paths?), and any time they can call back to this is always a bonus.

389BAC9A-8F1C-4D65-A179-D84BEB926E02.jpeg.4aa72c670ee17bef80e673688e9ef5d7.jpeg

The lads!

So yeah; I’ve seen enough of Darby and Sting making shit, student films in a field. I want to see footage of Sting and Kingston going the cinema with Schiavone.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't be surprised if he did try to main event with Deonna Vs Mercedes Martinez, it had the potential to be a decent match, although Deonna wasn't great in her last match against Taya Valkyrie. It wasn't gelling, which is weird given they feuded in the past. Do we blame the WWE style. 

It's an RoH title though, and we know what a big mark Tone is for RoH. 

I love Regal and everything but I'm finding these rambley BCC promos a bit... daft?

"We will take you down... and, we will... hurt you... and inflict punishment..."

The closing shot of him grimacing with Moxley and Danielson behind him was great but the verbiage is the wrestling equivalent of a motivational quote generator.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Pinc said:

I love Regal and everything but I'm finding these rambley BCC promos a bit... daft?

"We will take you down... and, we will... hurt you... and inflict punishment..."

The closing shot of him grimacing with Moxley and Danielson behind him was great but the verbiage is the wrestling equivalent of a motivational quote generator.

There's a cracking 1 minute promo in there somewhere.