AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

I was already sick of the "Forbidden Door" shit so to see it used as a show name is disappointing but hey, it's a minor gripe about what's likely to be an outstanding event to watch.

I think it'll be nice to have it as a rarity rather than what ROH ended up doing which was relying on the imports far too much. I don't really get that feeling with TK. I know some people aren't big fans of the random appearances etc but I don't think they hurt anything. Anything deeper or more long term than than often ends up detrimental to the company.

I’d temper expectations for Forbidden Door, both sides will be feeling each other out still so I’d not expect to see any champion vs champion etc on the first show. Both companies will want their top guys coming outta this strong, it’s not ROH letting all their guys take the loss just for the name value boost 

I'm sure there will come a day when I'm tired of seeing Sting jump off stuff, but today is not that day. I also love a "it's Sting in a Sting mask" spot. Tony S saying "I've never seen anything like that before!" was hilarious. Tony, you were on commentary every, single time Sting that in WCW.

Punk/Rhodes was great, Wardlow stuff was great, BCC stuff was great, I skipped JB vs Kyle because, frankly, any time ReDragon's music hits, I feel depressed.

I thought this show flowed a lot better than last week's. Both shows were stacked but something about the layout of this one was better than last week.

"90 SECONDS!" thanks, Bryce.

"You don't want to be cursed by Danhausen? Then you will FIGHT Danhausen" got a great pop so maybe we don't need the Danhausen biography that was being discussed before?

I really hope we get all the NJPW big guns on this joint show. If it's just the likes of Jay White and Iishi, I'm going to be bummed out.

Edited by 69MeDon

46 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Was I seeing things that weren’t there or  was Punk already acting a bit more heelish last night? Although it was hugs and kisses after the finish he felt a lot more vicious and definitely gave the crowd a couple of glares when they chanted for Dustin.

I noticed this too.  Given it was a face v face match it’s natural for one of them to heel it up a bit, so maybe  it’s not anything more.  Dustin was in peril, Punk laid it in and the crowd didn’t like it.  Helped the match.

59 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I really hope we get all the NJPW big guns on this joint show. If it's just the likes of Jay White and Iishi, I'm going to be bummed out.

The big names will be over. Just don't expect too many dream singles matches. I could see Jay White hang around long enough in AEW to build up some wins to be an AEW World Title challenger at Forbidden Door. He isn't working Japan at the minute and if Hangman is the champion coming out of DoN it would be a solid heel/face match up.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Louch said:

Does it tho? Isn’t that it isn’t silky smooth one of the things that makes it feel more natural than wwe does, and gives it it’s own feel? 

Not when the commentators are stumbling about, theres weird moments of dead air, the audio mix is off or the ref is caught live on air rushing the main event finish because earlier matches overrun. 

There's a huge difference between the overproduced WWE shite and running a tight production that feels both natural and real but professional. Raw in 98-99 is probably the perfect middle ground.

• Paid Members

I reckon Kenny Omega will be there, but I don't think he'll be wrestling. Wasn't it reported that he's still waiting on a knee surgery, but he can stand up without getting dizzy now or something? 

I'd like for Punk to win the belt at some point. However, seeing him do that little dash of aggressiveness against Dustin, a guy so good he elicits sympathy against super over Punk (Eddie was the only prior exception). I think I'd quite to see the Cowboy take his fucking head off. 

Best thing Danhausen has done in AEW.

”YOU!  YOUUUUUUUUU!”

You could tell he regretted putting his finger on him and asking him for a fight as soon as he did it, Give it co main event status at Double Or Nothing

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Still can't get my head around how quickly HOOK went from a basically a meme to possibly AEW's most promising prospect. 

Just think how more over he’d be if he just wore a suit and didn’t have scruffy hair

• Paid Members

Hey, they're elaborating on Danhausen and letting us find out a bit more about what he is, and even giving him a match. This is exactly what we were asking for. I look forward to seeing Hook crush him and him getting a bit more to do. I still don't get it, but I'm closer to seeing what it is.