AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

This show was not great. That opening segment and folllowing match had minus heat. God damn.

I skipped a lot of the Saraya stuff because it was so bad. But I will say, those of you waiting for Tony Khan to suddenly book a compelling women's divison might as well be waiting for Godot.

I guess I can't complain that AEW TV shows are SUDDENLY ROH when ROH is all over every show, although I am mildly intrigued with Jericho holding that belt.

6 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I also woke up this morning to a message from a friend who has had zero interest in any wrestling since 1999, and the message said “Luigi Primo is back!” 

How to hook in new viewers? Pizza, no matter how problematic the pizza guy is.

I think the issue nowadays is that it's the stupid shit that gets traction on social media ('Michael Jackson' wrestling, Super Humman and previously Joey Ryan etc) and gets passed around by non fans as a way to laugh at wrestling.

I'm not saying wrestling has ever done itself any favours in not being laughed at before but I have non fan friends who send me this stuff with a 'lol' as if to go 'You're a 40 year old man and you like this shit?'.

It's embarrassing, and if its more embarrassing than being a 40 year old wrestling fan in the first place then you know it is REALLY embarrassing. 

21 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

WWE pushed her because of a documentary shown in another country? Nothing to do with her talent and experience, and her unique look?

If you watch her pre wwe stuff she is carny as fnck, wrestling in front of 50 people in community centers, remember this was long before the 'britwrest' revolution. I'll accept her look being a factor but lets not pretend she was any good. I'm pretty sure there are some shoot interviews kicking around where they more or less admit most of the new recruits were 'barbies' so they needed roughing up a little.

17 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

If you watch her pre wwe stuff she is carny as fnck, wrestling in front of 50 people in community centers, remember this was long before the 'britwrest' revolution. I'll accept her look being a factor but lets not pretend she was any good. I'm pretty sure there are some shoot interviews kicking around where they more or less admit most of the new recruits were 'barbies' so they needed roughing up a little.

I’m saying that your assertion she got pushed due to a Channel 4 documentary is patently bollocks. 

33 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Despite Tony Sniff’s supposed stop to requested releases, it would appear as though Andrade is on his way out the door and not giving a single shot about it

Or he’s just pissing about and not actually going anywhere, you decide

"And in tonight's DX reunion, playing the part of "Mr Ass" Billy Gunn, will be Andrade."

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I think the issue nowadays is that it's the stupid shit that gets traction on social media ('Michael Jackson' wrestling, Super Humman and previously Joey Ryan etc) and gets passed around by non fans as a way to laugh at wrestling.

I'm not saying wrestling has ever done itself any favours in not being laughed at before but I have non fan friends who send me this stuff with a 'lol' as if to go 'You're a 40 year old man and you like this shit?'.

It's embarrassing, and if its more embarrassing than being a 40 year old wrestling fan in the first place then you know it is REALLY embarrassing. 

That's not the case in this instance. My friend enjoyed wrestling for the silly gimmicks so has genuine fondness for the likes of Luigi!

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Despite Tony Sniff’s supposed stop to requested releases, it would appear as though Andrade is on his way out the door and not giving a single shot about it

Or he’s just pissing about and not actually going anywhere, you decide

He's been known to openly troll people on Twitter around just about everything. He's well aware of what he's doing. Which is taking care of himself.

Stirring the pot and setting up a profile to profit from it is top notch. Unlike Erich Bischoff or Jim Cornette he ain't stuck doing horrible ad reads.