• Paid Members

Reverse Battle Royal is definitely being played for laughs in a “look at this shit we booked” kind of way. I applaud it, a cheap laugh at who was writing it at the time.

As opposed to Sandman caning Eugene at One Night Stand 06 because they thought the gimmick was risible to that part of the fanbase, when actually everyone hated it, an indictment of the writers that were still there.

Edited by air_raid

The reverse battle royal needs some early days guys like cheekz (if alive) Bruce, The dicks etc has to be really tongue in cheek as I think I said before. Things like this excite me more than anything in wrestling these days. 

Lthe queen of the mountain is kind of nostalgia based I guess too. 

TNA/impact might have had plenty of crap but honestly most of us watched it and I'm sure many would enjoy a bit of nostalgia over it. 

• Paid Members

Sorry, somebody talking about the penis cage? I still remember @Liam O'Rourkecorpsing as he tried to read my description on that episode of SCG Radio. 

• Paid Members

Well, it does make sense given Eddie Edwards' turn and their history together. Plus its not like all the ex TNA big names are exactly available and free agents atm. 

Loved the show, was heavy on nostalgia but who gives a fuck? Was definately a love letter to TNA wrestling.

Personally would have loved the return of the six sided ring, and in the age of way too much wrestling product being out there, would be a way of differentiating themselves again.

Loved most the video packages , but if I could only choose one it would have to be this.

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post, but the main event of the next monthly show is Joe Doering against Josh Alexander. Even better, its at Center Stage in Atlanta!

Although the result isn't in doubt, this is going to be a doozy!

image.png.461afa4091b6324eb507de039133cc9a.png

Edited by garynysmon

Slammiversary was a fun show and I enjoyed the nostalgia.  Impact just feels so small now compared to its heyday but still… 20 years isa good run!

5 minutes ago, Loki said:

Slammiversary was a fun show and I enjoyed the nostalgia.  Impact just feels so small now compared to its heyday but still… 20 years isa good run!

How many years now has it been since the “I give it six months” shite started? Over ten isn’t it?

25 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

How many years now has it been since the “I give it six months” shite started? Over ten isn’t it?

Someone had “TNA will be dead by 2004” or similar in their sig iirc.

I remember when they passed ECW’s longevity and people were pissed at the comparison.  Considering the number of alumni that went on to main event in WWE I think TNA won that war ultimately.

• Paid Members

In fairness there have been several times when it was genuinely looking the case.

The Health South money suddenly stopping and Panda cutting the credit line immediately spring to mind.

Then there was that nonsense with Arolouxe and the Harris Brothers and Billy Corgan financing a couple of sets of tapings because Dixie Carter's credit card had maxed out.

Its ridiculous that its still around but I love that it is.

Edited by garynysmon