• Paid Members
9 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I wonder how many of these will be looking for new employment over the coming months...

This was from a year ago? 

• Paid Members

If he is indeed gone then the past few months of booking make absolutely no sense given that most wrestlers on the way out of Impact put someone over on their way.

Just a month ago he was bulldozing Jonah on PPV so I'm still dubious he's actually leaving, although going down the visa route and cancelling indy appearances does seem a pretty extreme way of keeping a work going.

Its a fucking idiotic move on Impact's part if he is indeed a goner and throws a year of booking down the swanny.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Maybe they knew this was coming which is why they "sent him home" from Impact to be safe? If he can get this resolved he can also presumably get the Impact stuff resolved as well. 

Chances are they were working on a new contract but haven't come to terms. Which isn't surprising. Something you see with a home grown talent that becomes top tier and is looking for the corresponding pay bump. While the ownership is looking for a friends & family discount or simply don't value them at that level having paid them a lot less for so long.

Going by his wiki he signed a 3 year deal back in 2019. For the number crunchers paying the bills, seeing tag team guy pay jump to main eventer makes them squeamish.

• Paid Members

It still doesn't seem right tbh. With all the talk of a budget increase and the long term planning I still find it mental if this is legit.

There's pushing a talent and there's pushing a talent in the way that Impact's been pushing Josh Alexander to the moon.

I mean, it was clear that the long game was/is a Moose v Alexander rematch where Josh eventually got his revenge.

The logical thing, if knowing he wasn't sticking around after this month, would have been to set up Moose v Alexander for the title at Hard to Kill or even this weekend's No Surrender show, to solidify Moose as champion.

Just the way that he was written out, even squashing Big Kon on his fucking debut on last week's show, doesn't feel like modern day Impact booking at all or the way they've dealt with prior departures (LAX, Lucha Bros, Taya etc).

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

The impression I got was that he was legitimately coming to the end of his contract (that much we know to be true), and Impact basically either a handshake understanding that he would be back with them, or else that he'd work a few independent bookings to put over the idea of him being suspended/absent from Impact. Or else they knew somewhere else - be it AEW, NJPW or wherever - had their eyes on him, and were booking him strong on the way out both as a thank you to him for doing a lot to carry the company during the pandemic, and to foster a closer relationship with the other promotion.

Whatever was going on, the Visa issue was probably an unexpected spanner in the works, rather than something they're using for a work. I hope it's something that gets sorted - no offence to the Canadian scene, but it's a kiss of death to your momentum to get stuck in a country that's not getting the coverage that bigger US indies get. 

Yeah, the visa side of things is probably the biggest issue right now. LuFisto I believe had some problems and in DEFY they have an interim World Championship because their real champion is stuck in Canada. Meltzer also mentioned how the Bollywood Boyz had trouble getting their visas sorted with one getting it but the other not. Even though they're a tag team with the exact same resume and references.

Josh should be fine, but it would have helped having an actual contract in place while trying to get renewed.

• Paid Members

Impact started with a bang. The fact that they're still featuring Josh in the recap segment and Moose mentioned him during the contract signing, albeit indirectly fills me with hope. I'm actually quite excited for Morrissey Vs Moose as it could be quite a hard hitting brawl. I'd love it even more if Josh Alexander's visa issues and contract expiring was a work and he turned up after the match tonight to call in his rematch. A person can dream. 

Masha Slamovitch is brilliant. I hope she gets a shot at Mickie or accepts Donna's open challenge one week. If the Forbidden Door was still more of a thing she'd be teaming with Layla Hirsch in AEW now and again. 

There are fewer things more enjoyable than an X-Division Triple Threat when they're done well. That spot where Blake Christian did the Fosbury flop moonsault into a double reverse DDT was pretty special, and that somersault into a stomp? Hopefully this isn't the last we see of him. I can see Ace Austin winning tonight, but would be interested to see Jake Something against Trey for a bit of a different style of match. 

Jonah Vs Black Taurus should be fun. 

Can't say I'm a big fan of Gisele Shaw, but she has good Performance Centre kick out face. 

Sabin Vs Kenny King was a good match. I wonder whether the rumour about the Eddie Kingston heel turn is true. I like that Impact seem to be happy to let their roster turn so they're more consistent with the characters they're playing elsewhere on the indies. 

That knockouts tag match was good. Proper old school heel work from Steelz and Evans. I wonder whether Chelsea is going to be turning heel soon to coincide with Cardona turning heel.

Is Myers setting a Major Brothers reunion into motion as well by cutting VSK and Zicky Dice from the learning tree? 

No Surrender is a loaded card tonight. 

That six man was good as well. Some really close 2 counts for a TV match. 

Another good episode. Its such a shame they can't get more viewers. 

No Surrender sounds like it was a good show with two big developments 

Spoiler

Jay White turned on GOD to help Gallows and Anderson retain the tag titles

Spoiler

Eddie Edwards turned on the company to help Honor No More win the 10 man tag after an angle earlier in the show where he was ‘taken out’ backstage and replaced with Willie Mack

• Paid Members

Jay White Vs Eric Young was an incredible match.

Moose & Morrissey had a heck of a hoss match as well, a la Goldberg Vs Lesnar.  The whole show was decent at worst. Jordynne Grace performed some impressive feats of strength against Matt Cardona. 

They did a nice job sowing the seeds for a potential Chelsea Green heel turn as well. Next big show is Sacrifice in 2 weeks (March 5th), so there should be some hectic episodes of Impact to come while they set things up. 

• Paid Members

I don't know who I buy less as a title challenger right now, Heath or Adam Cole. Hopefully they're just killing time and giving Moose stuff to do until they can get Josh Alexander back in. 

I can't help but enjoy how much fun Cardona is having as a heel. That match was a lot of fun. I wonder whether we'll be getting the Major Players in Impact now that Myers is away from the Learning Tree. 

Deonna Purazzo is a heck of a wrestler. Presumably she'll drop the ROH title back to somebody when they're getting ready to start again. 

It's so odd seeing the Good Brothers back in Bullet Club. Jay White & Alex Shelsley at Sacrifice should be good. Will we get a Motor City Machine Guns reunion off the back of it? 

Zicky Dice is a brilliant character. He's in my mate's boy stable. He'd be a good one to stick in those X Division eliminators. Jonah is a monster. I wonder when he's going to get Moose's attention. His match with PCO will be good. 

I still can't help feeling that Chelsea is going to turn heel on Mickie and steal the title. 

Eddie Edwards' promo was an interesting one. All the mentions of Josh Alexander mean he's coming back, right? 

Interesting show. They're doing what they can to build to the special in just over a week's time.