The latest Impact was hopping. Better than Dynamite. Varied angles every ten mins without it feeling like overbooking, including some awesome squashes and genuinely funny shit. 

Can't wait to forget to watch it for another two months. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

I'm away tonight, so it'll probably be tomorrow night at the soonest before I can catch up on the week. @Gay as FOOKImpact is the best wrestling show on TV. They tend not to overcomplicate things, and the commentators know how to put the stuff in the ring over, be it the match, the angle or the wrestlers. Yes there's occasionally a little nod to their previous employers, but it's never really egregious and plays into the banter side of things more. 

• Paid Members

Impact was great as usual this week. I really enjoyed the Triple threat match. Impact seem to be able to book them so well.

I really want to see Josh Alexander Vs Jay White. 

The Jonah/PCO feud is absolute nonsense and I love it. 

I reckon Chelsea helps Mickie win the title back then turns, especially while she's being a heel with Cardona & Myers everywhere else. 

Tom & Matt's faces after that Swinger's Dungeon segment were brilliant. 

That twist with Moose at the end was really dark. Just in case the stakes weren't going to be high enough. 

• Paid Members

The crowd for this week's Impact was brilliant. 

Swinger's Dungeon is hilarious. I love how he's playing it oblivious. 

The turn happened. The swerve with the cast was beautiful. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Butch2000 said:

I'm assume you don't watch Impact. Moose has sent months bragging about how he beats women and children and does what he wants to wear gold which led to this last week.

Come on Josh!

Yeah, we’ve seen storylines like that before, but being arrested for throwing your partner down the stairs adds a nasty dose of reality truth to the angle https://amp.wrestlinginc.com/news/2016/07/roh-star-moose-not-going-to-wwe-for-now-due-to-2009-arrest-613209/

• Paid Members

I'm sure if management start feeling the heat they'll be able to get Tommy Dreamer to defuse things. Look how it worked out for Flair. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Multiverse of Matches was decent. Some of it felt a bit phoned in house show at the start, but Shelley Vs Bailey, Edwards Vs Ishii and Sabin Vs Jay White were great matches. 

The Major Players have arrived, and I love it. Cardona (the real belt collector) looks like he's having a great time right now. 

Rebellion looks like it could be a great show. 

I hope Impact and Tony Khan can reach an agreement to keep the belt on Deonna Purazzo because she's so good. 

Rocky Romero's introduction sounds like it was added in post. Was a great match with Gresham. The crowd loved it. 

Was that some acoustic breathy country girl cover of Batista's entrance music for that Josh Alexander vignette? 

Shelley Vs Maclin was a good match. 

The Bullet Club/Honor No More segment/brawl could lead to some interesting stuff. I winder whether there'll be a multi-man match at the show after Rebellion. 

PCO is such an interesting character, there are some obvious Undertaker influences there, then the flying, and "fixing" his bad neck with the gaffer tape? It's such a long way from Quebecer Pierre almost 20 years ago. The spot where he kicked out of the tombstone at 1? Brilliant, and Jonah sold it beautifully. That top rope splash Jonah does always looks devastating. I enjoyed the bit of interaction we got with him and Moose at Multiverse Of Matches and wouldn't mind seeing a singles match between them. 

Decent episode. Felt like we lost a week due to them showing the recap of the Wrestlecon show last week, but we're one episode away from Rebellion so I'm looking forward to an exciting go-home show. 

Rebellion is on tonight, and I am personally looking forward to it. I’ve said that Impact is consistently a better storylined promotion than WWE and AEW. It’s a shame they finally got their act together when they are essentially a husk of themselves. The product deserves bigger buildings and better production values, in my view.

Take a look at Moose vs Josh Alexander. Maybe extended by Alexander’s visa issues but an excellent 6 month storyline that finally gave Moose the world title and continued the build of Alexander, when he was probably title-ready at Bound For Glory. I don’t know if its time to have Moose lose the title yet, but I’m fine if he does.

Very little looks like it just appeared in the ether across the roster.

Something as simple as W Morrissey putting Brian Myers through a table is going to get such a reaction when it happens.