• Paid Members

Checking Cagematch, it looks like D'Lo worked an eight-man tag last month, and a couple of other multi-man matches on the indies last year. So he's definitely capable of working, at the very least, a simple match if he needs to.

I hope he's not taken off commentary - I think he's shown real promise as a colour commentator, but was hamstrung by Matt Striker having to constantly get his shit in, and with Striker gone, could really grow into a great announcer - but getting "non-wrestlers" involved in an inter-promotional feud, with someone like D'Lo stepping up to the plate to show that this is a bigger issue than just a few wrestlers getting into a scrap, is a good way of putting over the significance of the ROH "invasion" they seem to be doing. 

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed him and TAFKA Wilson Phillips. I look forward to hearing more from them. 

I could see it being a one and done like King used to do, so maybe Hannifan has to call that match on his own, and a little later in the show D'Low comes back out and is selling the effects, or maybe sit Matthews with him for a spell. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, I really hope this isn't an excuse to take D'lo off commentary full time.

I'm holding out that they just used D'lo Brown as cannon fodder, given he's a pretty beloved guy within the industry, to put forward the angle.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

It'd be a no brainer for Impact. He'd be a good fit. See whether his assistant is available as well. 

I winder whether they're going to try and get AJ Styles to turn up and do something as part of the Impact 20th anniversary celebrations this year. It'd make sense for them to allow Mickie to participate in the Rumble if this is part of their plan. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

Not a bad episode. Kept things moving along nicely. I was actually pleasantly surprised to see Charlie Haas. That should be an interesting match with Josh next week. 

W Morrissey did a good job of positioning himself in more of a babyface role without having to change his character. Him and Moose could be a decent hoss match when it happens. 

Masha Slamovitch had an interesting look, and I like how she wrestled. Tasha Vs Chelsea will be good. 

Tom was fine on commentary, although they could have given him some people who could actually speak to sit next to on his revolving door announce partner experience. Trey Miguel heeling it up to set up a feud with Chris Bey was awkward, but could lead to a heck of a match. Ace Austin & Mad Man Fulton Vs Jake Something & Mike Bailey could be decent as well.

Imoact just keeps being Impact. Nothing complicated, consistently decent in ring product. 

• Paid Members

I'd imagine it's more than a little inspired by Biff Slamkovich from Saturday Night Slam Masters/Muscle Bomber 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Another decent episode. Tom & the guest commentator felt better than it did last week. The people with his could talk better than last week's guests. It'll be good when D'Lo is back, though.

That Gresham/Maclin match was good I liked the finish. It was a great way of demonstrating how the pure rules can be used and exploited. 

Josh Vs Charlie Haas was a great match. Is Haas still working the indies somewhere? Is he part of RoH? 

Presumably this thing with Honor No More will be leading to an 8 man at No Surrender. 

• Paid Members

Rehwolt on commentary alongside Hannifan was decent. I wonder where D'Lo is? Is he training the lads? Bobby Cruise on ring announcing duty as well. 

Cary Silkin turning up was nice. 

G.O.D Vs the Good Brothers could be decent. Although there are a lot of moving parts with the Bullet Club, Violet By Design, Ace Austin, Mike Bailey etc. 

Presumably Tenille wasn't on this episode of Impact as I think she's on holiday at the moment, and it wouldn't have made sense for her to be on an episode of Impact in Florida while she's posting Instagram pictures from Dubai. 

Mickie's Rumble promo was sad. She could have at least sent Steelz out of the ring over the top rope. That tag match that was set up could be decent. 

Is Maclin really tall or is Gresham tiny? 

Jordynne Grace calling Matt Cardona Zack was cute.

W. Morrissey going over those 7 local lads and Myers' boys was monster booking 101. They've done a good job of turning him babyface as well. It helps that Moose is a good shit arse heel. 

Black Taurus Vs Jonah could be good if it happens. 

It's good that even though the matches were only made that night they managed to get entrance music and a tron video made for the Honor No More folks. It's a shame Josh is in this match, but apparently his contract is up soon, so maybe they're shuffling him away from the title picture for now while they negotiate. It'd be criminal if they let him go. I fear he'd turn into another face in the crowd if he went anywhere else. 

Another decent episode. Kept things moving towards No Surrender. 

• Paid Members

Its been a good run of Impact TV since Hard to Kill and its much deserved that the TV ratings in the states seem to be on the up and up.

The only poor segment this week was Mickie James' in ring promo, what the fuck was that about?

Agreed on the Morrissey squash. Fantastic stuff. The learning tree is just a bit of silly fun but also why Impact's such an easy watch.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it was quite protracted. Maybe these meandering nothing promos are the new thing for 2022, what with Cody's ladder promo, whatever Britt Baker was on about on Dynamite and this. And Mickie isn't usually a bad promo. I wonder whether WWE will let Impact have any clips from the Rumble to air on Impact this week?

• Paid Members

Must say that I was quite amused to see Wardlow getting the 'big monster in a handicap match' treatment on AEW Dynamite just now, given that someone like Jake Something is essentially the same size yet booked pretty much like an average joe.

Given he seemed to be on the way out of Impact I was surprised but also glad that he won this week and getting a bit of a push in the ROH invaders storyline, which suggests he may stick around after all.

He's a way more useful commodity in my book than getting someone like Brian Cage back. I'm not sure how someone like Cage would fit in on Impact these days, a lot has changed (for the better) since he left.

With so many releases having flooded the pool its definitely a promoters market at the moment, and I think it's far from a given that many at all will find a home in Impact. I'm quite happy with the roster as it stands, things seem to be coming along quite nicely.

P.S, I wonder what all the Dan Lambert stuff was all about? America's Top Team crossover?

Edited by garynysmon