• Paid Members

Looks like he's been booked for some local Canadian indies, and working in construction to keep himself busy. He did wrestle Rocky Romero on the last episode of NJPW Strong, but I don't know when that was taped.

• Paid Members

Sounds like there are some interesting events taking place Mania weekend. Impact have a "Multiverse" event planned with some RoH guys, unless Tony Khan decides otherwise I presume, and there's another IPWF throwback event planned as well. 

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/03/good-brothers-vs-the-briscoes-announced-for-impact-multiverse-of-matches/

• Paid Members
On 2/12/2022 at 12:52 AM, garynysmon said:

Its almost certain that Alexander has already resigned, given how strong he's been pushed with even a squash win this week.

Its clearly at attempt at dragging out the eventual Moose world title match for Slammiversary. 

I meant Rebellion.... 👀

• Paid Members

The go-home Impact was good. Was interesting to see Maclin as a plucky babyface fighting from underneath after the run as a sadistic heel, but the turn was done really well. 

Heath still doesn't come across as a main eventer/world title challenger, but if they can do it for Matt Cardona then I can't see why they wouldn't be able to do it for Heath in time. 

Mash a Slamovitch has found her way into the titles for the show, which is great. I hope she takes up Deonna on her champ champ challenge. She'll be even more over as a heel right now with her Russian gimmick, although I wouldn't be surprised if she was kept off TV for a little while, or at least repackaged a little bit. 

I don't get who the heels are supposed to be in the Iinspiration/Influence feud. Both teams have shown heelish terms with the buying gifts for Kaleb, and then making him stand on his mark in the match tonight. 

Steelz & Chelsea was good. It still feels like they're slow burning a Chelsea Green heel turn. 

Swinger's Dungeon as a kind of Anti learning tree would be a fun angle. It'd give Zicky Dice something to do as well. 

Big brawl on the main event. Was fun. Will G.o.D get welcomed back to Bullet Club before they return to Japan? 

Onto Sacrifice:

That interview with Mickie on the Sacrifice pre-show set up a turn beautifully. 

I always forget how fast and agile Willie Mack is. Hitting those hurricanranas, and he's got a heck of a drop kick. That tag match was better than any preshow match should be. 

That opening match for the X-Title was brutal. I loved the speed Vs power story. It could have gone either way. 

Just like that Maclin is a heel again. 

Impact from the former ECW Arena? I wonder whether they'll book anything Extreme for those shows. 

Some interesting wrinkles in the Influence/Iinspiration angle. 

W Morrissey ruined the resale value of that action figure. 

PCO & Jonah was a heck of a spectacle. I don't know who was picking the camera shots in the production truck, but it was odd watching the match from two different angles at once. It was as if somebody else was trying to broadcast a show on the same frequency as you were already watching something on. 

There was a fair bit of electricity in the crowd at the start of Jay White Vs Alex Shelley. That finishing sequence was great. 

The Champ Champ Challenge/Knockouts title match was a really nice bit of storytelling. Was it me though, or were there a LOT of camera cuts during the Knockouts title match? It might have been like that for the rest of the show, but it was particularly noticeable during that match. I didn't see that finish coming. 

Tag title match was decent. Doering is brilliant. 

They were so desperate to get people thinking Heath had a chance in this world title match, but from the booking of the match I think they knew what was actually going on. The difference between how he was presented and how Moose is presented is night and day. Heath comes to the right like he's just another guy, and Moose gets all the bells and whistles, carries himself like a champion. At least Heath managed to get all his stuff in. 

What can I say about that ending? Bring on Rebellion. 

• Paid Members

Yup, another very good show.

The sad thing is that these weekends are getting ever more packed, yet again it will get ignored on the whole with another AEW PPV and even a WWE house show contributing to sucking all the air out of the room.

• Paid Members

Am I right in thinking Chelsea Green broke her wrist again? Just seen a picture on twitter, but a lot of the comments were saying it's a work. If it isn't, that lass has some shit luck, that's about the 4th time now.

• Paid Members

I think it's a work? The angle where they did it in the match looked vicious, but it looked worked to me, unless she's injured it after that. Maybe it's contract season for her and this is how they're writing her off TV to sort it out? 

I'm expecting her to come back and attack Mickie for being selfish due to the collision at No Surrender that helped her retain the title, Mickie not interfering when Savannah Evans got involved during the number one cintender's match on the last Impact, not letting Chelsea be in her corner at Sacrifice, and choosing to defend the title over making sure she was OK after Deonna Purrazzo injured her. 

• Paid Members

Further to Chelsea's wrist she apparently tweeted out that she had injured her wrist again, but could be kayfabing it? 

Jake something's contract has expired and he's a free agent now. 

• Paid Members

Impact was good again this week, although there was a problem with the PA as all the entrance music sounded really muffled. That or they're using a really low budget setup.

I like the way they're handling the Moose/Josh thing where Moose is coming across as worried about his upcoming title defence and seems to be trying to either get out of the match or put Josh in situations where he can attack him like a contract signing. 

Willie Mack Vs Kenny King was good. Triple threat was good as well, but it was kind of obvious that Ace Austin was going to win because he's one of the cornerstones of the X-Division at the moment. 

I like how Kaleb (with a K) had a tag title belt strap for his bag. Chelsea can't be that badly hurt if she was on Impact this week, although she is in the cast again. Can you treat a fracture with physiotherapy? Was a decent match. Still waiting for Chelsea to turn heel. 

PCO is injured. Jonah's video was great. 

Looks like Shelley might be around for a while. I'm looking forward to the Motor City Machine Guns reunion next week. Josh Vs Taven should be good as well. 

They need to book Deonna in triple threat matches to try and make it look like she could lose her titles? 

Main event was good. I like when Maria is on commentary. She's good at further telling the Honor No More story.