2 hours ago, nickp1991 said:

The fact that this is the first time wwe has mentioned impact wrestling openly is wild

well they did mention tna in the hardy doc, hell they had dixie carter on the wwe network for some documentarys

• Paid Members

Its not that unprecedented really.

RVD was under contract to Impact and they let him appear on one of the old school Raw’s 2 years ago.

The old TNA regime also let Ric Flair go into the WWE Hall of Fame, only to end up walking out weeks later.

WWE let Impact use quite a bit of their own footage when inducting Ken Shamrock into the Hall of Fame last year.

Basically Impact will work with anyone. TBH they’ve played a blinder here in generating a little buzz and wider recognition the day before a PPV.

I only wonder if the deal involves something like an AJ Styles appearance at Slammiversary, which will mark the company’s 20th birthday.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

"If we let you have her for the Rumble how many days will you take off Joe's no-compete?"

Is she a contracted Impact talent or is it just for this feud with Deonna? I thought she had some executive producer gig with Billy Corgan's NWA. I'd imagine it's more to do with that and Corgan's long term dream of getting his NWA stuff on the Network that anything to do with Impact, but her being Knockouts Champion right now is a fortunate byproduct of this arrangement.

• Paid Members

Seeing as WWE have sacked so many of the female talent and will struggle to fill a rumble, it’s not that much of a surprise they’re reaching out to someone like Mickie James. I suppose if Mark Carrano didn’t get the sack for the bin bag incident she would’ve told them to fuck off. 

• Paid Members

I wonder whether they'll try and get Nick Aldis to come in and help make up the numbers in the men's Rumble. Or Aries. 

33 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Seeing as WWE have sacked so many of the female talent and will struggle to fill a rumble, it’s not that much of a surprise they’re reaching out to someone like Mickie James. I suppose if Mark Carrano didn’t get the sack for the bin bag incident she would’ve told them to fuck off. 

They could easily fill it with legends who aren't working for other companies. So I'd say it's definitely surprising.