• Paid Members

I find it somewhat ironic, given Ric Flair hasn't had a good word to say about TNA/Impact since leaving, that there's an Impact heavyweight title match and the MCMG v the Wolves taking place on his retirement card...

Impact clearly has some involvement in this given they've used their footage and even lead announcer for the voiceover.

I don't get it...

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I find it somewhat ironic, given Ric Flair hasn't had a good word to say about TNA/Impact since leaving, that there's an Impact heavyweight title match and the MCMG v the Wolves taking place on his retirement card...

4 hours ago, Nick James said:

Ric's morals and pride go to the wall when more money is involved.

This. We're 30 years in to the story of what Ric Flair says being determined by what's financially best for him, and what he really thinks remaining somewhat of an enigma. Ric spent all those years working for Crockett while stating often that during those years he still widely regarded the WWF to be "the show", and of course was happy to declare while a WWF employee that only the WWF title mattered in the wrestling world, but decided that WCW was still a better option and "home" for him going into 1993 because in truth he was about to be used to put Razor over and he could see his own stock diminishing. Which was why he left WCW to begin with, not because the WWF was the true Mecca in his eyes, but because he knew Jim Herd was trying to devalue him. OF COURSE WCW would feel like home regardless of the WWF being the real number one in pro wrestling, with Herd having been deposed. Worth taking the gamble that (cough) Dusty and Ole would book Flair better than Herd was going to, or how Vince was proposing to? BY GOLLY, I don't know. Then Bischoff royally fucked him over in 1998 causing both to take the other to court, and despite the personal acrimony and considerable interest from the WWF, Flair remained under contract to WCW and eventually returned to work because, survey says..... the money was too good to walk away from and Vince wouldn't have matched it at the time. Flair says how he feels when its financially/politically safe to do so, but his head (wallet) always overrules his heart.

8 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

The comments on social media are pretty vile. I get the feeling some people who have had a wank over her are now feeling even more insecure than before. 

There also seems plenty of adults who seem to not realise wrestling is not a real fight so think she has an advantage. 

39 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

The comments on social media are pretty vile. I get the feeling some people who have had a wank over her are now feeling even more insecure than before. 

There also seems plenty of adults who seem to not realise wrestling is not a real fight so think she has an advantage. 

Aka the Nyla Rose approach

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I was just going to post the same thing, having watched the show now.

Staying up for Emergence tonight as it sounds brilliant, with a good crowd in Chicago too. 

Really is criminal they don't get a bigger audience tbh.

Edited by garynysmon