13 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

That Shelley promo was excellent. Shocking he’s never had a title shot before now - I hope he wins.

I don’t understand why he’s not had a bigger platform, outside of a brief NXT cameo once. Right from his Paparazzi Production days, I’ve found him highly entertaining both in, and out of the ring. I’d love to see him win. 

• 2 weeks later...

If TIME MACHINE was only a one off I’ll be fucking gutted. TIME MACHINE is fucking amazing.

Alex Shelley is the best wrestler of 2022 easily at this juncture.

Unfortunately people will write reams about things they watch and talk shit about what they don’t (people knock Sami Calihan off a short nxt run while not seen anything he’s done in years), but Alex Shelley is the fucking dude at the moment. Hopefully he doesn’t lose his passion for the wrestling again

Edited by Butch2000

1 hour ago, Sir Steve Redgrave said:

Hearing a lot about Impact lately and seeing a lot of talent i've enjoyed elsewhere pop up there recently so thinking of tuning back in. What's the best/cheapest way to watch over here in the UK?

You get Impact on their YouTube channel for the 99p a month sub. Don't think episodes stay up permanently though.

The next sub level (forget the price) also includes non PPV specials and archive shows.

• Paid Members

I pay for the Youtube sub out of pure convenience and the fact that the Impact Plus app is glitchy as hell. For £5 a month I get a PPV quality card and weekly eps of Impact, which is more than enough wrestling content for me every week.

All the old PPVs are also on the Youtube version, but not old Impact eps (hence being a bit cheaper than an Impact Plus sub).

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I pay for the Youtube sub out of pure convenience and the fact that the Impact Plus app is glitchy as hell. For £5 a month I get a PPV quality card and weekly eps of Impact, which is more than enough wrestling content for me every week.

All the old PPVs are also on the Youtube version, but not old Impact eps (hence being a bit cheaper than an Impact Plus sub).

It really is. The firestick version anyway. I have to keep killing the app, emptying the cache etc, to get it to start. It has some of the worst advert breaks I've ever seen as well. Normally just the same ad repeated over and over again, including the PatPat one, which is definitely someone's Super Villain origin story. I only get ads from watching the new episodes from the home screen too, which suggests that it's another bug.

With that said, I personally find that it's worth it for all the old content. I've started watching it from the beginning and while it is mad as fuck, it's still incredibly watchable and it's cool seeing wrestlers and the promotion itself evolve and find their feet. I'm only paying about £6.50 now, though it's charged in dollars so will probably go up in the next couple of months.

• Paid Members

I'm sure there's more to it than that but Impact might as well release Lady Frost. Other than a nice moonsault its not like she's indispensable.

Sadly, Impact doesn't need to do much to rub most wrestling fans the wrong way who are usually just scrambling for reasons to justify not watching it or throw 10 year old jibes at the company which are long out of date. There's nothing to gain from giving them any length of rope.

Edited by garynysmon

12 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Sadly, Impact doesn't need to do much to rub most wrestling fans the wrong way who are usually just scrambling for reasons to justify not watching it or throw 10 year old jibes at the company which are long out of date. There's nothing to gain from giving them any length of rope.

Something something Sami Callahans NXT run about ten years ago. It’s lazy and simple to have a pop at impact, but impact being simple is why it’s a good watch.

Honor No More can fuck off though. Not into that angle at all

• 3 weeks later...