• Paid Members
On 10/12/2022 at 9:18 PM, garynysmon said:

I have no idea if Bully Ray is persona non grata or not in terms of wrestling groupthink these days, but personally I got a kick out of seeing him again.

Loved his solo heel run in TNA back in the day so more than happy see him get another, presumably, short-ish run.

Gutted to see Mia Yim on the outs though, ditto Taven and Mike Bennett who seemed to be doing well. Didn't give a shit about Vincent though.

I think Bully's a bellend but he's a great signing. He's as big a legend as Impact could realistically go for in 2022 and he's one of the rare ex-WWE guys that really re-invented himself in Impact and is a star because of what he did there. He's a good choice to put Josh over.

It's shite to see people leave but I am enjoying how Impact is set up now. It feels like an old territory where they've got a core of regulars that they are building around and just bring others in for short runs. It keeps everything feeling fresh. I think it's good for the talent too.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:05 PM, unfitfinlay said:

I think Bully's a bellend but he's a great signing. He's as big a legend as Impact could realistically go for in 2022 and he's one of the rare ex-WWE guys that really re-invented himself in Impact and is a star because of what he did there. He's a good choice to put Josh over.

It's shite to see people leave but I am enjoying how Impact is set up now. It feels like an old territory where they've got a core of regulars that they are building around and just bring others in for short runs. It keeps everything feeling fresh. I think it's good for the talent too.

Mate, it’s the best promotion going, unfortunately it’s been ruined by former custodians. But it’s the only show I’ll make sure to watch weekly. There’s always something worth watching.

Edited by Butch2000

Impact having challenger of the months coming in and out for Alexander to beat sounds a good thing, have him beat a raft of names and doesn’t impact those they are building to challenge him. Especially someone like bully so has the size, and history of cheating to give enough doubt in the result 

• 3 weeks later...

Bringing Dreamer back has massively soured me on watching week to week and he's all over the show now. Matches, promos, backstage bits.

If they absolutley had to bring him back after his Dark Side comments then it should have been exclusively backstage.

I'm intrigued by the stuff with Bully but having Dreamer attached to it just drags it down.

Edited by rollthedice

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

dunno its shown in multiple places these days but Impact has randomly shown up on the DAZN app to watch. Episodes are about 3 weeks behind though.

* edit, they are upto date now. Must have been in the process of uploading them.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

So I'm not watching Impact regularly, but I saw the below (in spoiler tags in case it hasn't aired yet or anyone hasn't seen it) and wondered if Impact has gone full Lucha Underground with it's storylines, because I'm way, way more interested in the product if they have. Proper batshit stories and unapologetic about it, with a decent in-ring product would definitely entice me to watch impact more.  

Spoiler

Deaner stabbed and "killed" Eric Young in a vignette to become the new leader of VBD

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Didn't someone get 'killed' by a train in Impact a few years ago?

I thought that was James Storm pushing Mickie James onto some train tracks, but she was somehow ok? Unless they did it again since then?

23 minutes ago, mim731 said:

So I'm not watching Impact regularly, but I saw the below (in spoiler tags in case it hasn't aired yet or anyone hasn't seen it) and wondered if Impact has gone full Lucha Underground with it's storylines, because I'm way, way more interested in the product if they have. Proper batshit stories and unapologetic about it, with a decent in-ring product would definitely entice me to watch impact more.  

Hide contents

Deaner stabbed and "killed" Eric Young in a vignette to become the new leader of VBD

For those that want to see it.

Spoiler

• Paid Members

I feel that Impact is in a bit of a tough spot atm with WWE seemingly going on another signing spree and picking up Eric Young and probably Deonna Purazzo with her contract up soon.

Easily the worst part about the show is knowing that most everyone you like is going to fuck off sooner or later.

20 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Easily the worst part about the show is knowing that most everyone you like is going to fuck off sooner or later.

For some reason no one wants to bite on Josh Alexander who’s top 5 in North America easily, and Moose won’t get signed by anyone, and Sami Calihhan is ace. No one wants to sign Jordynne Grace for whatever reason which is mental. There’s still a firm hardcore.

I can see Steve Maclin probably being resigned though by wwe though. Same for Mickie James after the first impact taping

Edited by Butch2000