AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members

Statlander looks like she's going through her Ziggy Stardust phase with the lightning bolt paint. 

That's the first Butcher singles match I've seen, and I enjoyed it a lot.  Allin sold absolutely tremendously for him and made him look great, then pulled out a countout win with one of his better coffin drops.  Good booking.

Poor Keith Lee looked absolutely exhausted during his match, and never got out of second gear.  He was leaning against the ropes at times like Andre in the 80s, he was selling everything on his feet, or on one knee, and otherwise hobbling around like Vader in 2000.  Ironically, this is probably how WWE wanted him to wrestle when he joined the main roster, but it's a million miles away from the athlete we saw in NXT.  I'm guessing whatever medical issues he's had, are still bugging him.  It's not just his increased size, he looked faint at times.

They need to put him in a tag team so he can pop in for the odd big man spot, whilst he gets himself sorted out.  There's no way he's going to be able to hang with guys like Moxley or Andrade at this point.  I was a big fan of his in NXT, so this is sad to see.

• Paid Members

He was brilliant in Progress as well. Presumably pairing him with Swerve will protect him in some tag matches for a while. I wonder whether he's still feeling the effects of when he had Covid. 

• Paid Members

I think Cornette hit the nail on the head when he said it's Frasier Crane meets the incredible Hulk. Presumably from the "limitless" moniker he's supposed to be the ultimate physical specimen, but also supremely intelligent as well, like in that film and that series where Bradley Cooper, or his non-union network TV equivalent, took that tablet to unlock all of his brain's potential. 

Doesn't quite work when he's blown up every time he does something though. 

From state Keith Lee is in he seems more likely to have Vader 98 year than any success. He’s been off for months so had complete control over his diet, works 1 day a week so little excuse now. If he can’t get in ring shape, he shouldn’t be there. 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Louch said:

From state Keith Lee is in he seems more likely to have Vader 98 year than any success. He’s been off for months so had complete control over his diet, works 1 day a week so little excuse now. If he can’t get in ring shape, he shouldn’t be there. 

He's had long term issues from COVID which is probably the reason why he's not in as good a shape as he used to be. Personally I'm not really seeing it and think he looks fine. Yes he's moving slow but the guy is fucking massive. He's a tank and should be moving like a tank. He shouldn't be flying around. Especially when everyone else in AEW is basically a high flyer, he stands out in a good way in that he just slowly demolishes people.

• Paid Members

Keith Lee cut a promo after Rampage and about 5 minutes after the match he still looked and sounded really blown up. He definitely doesn't seem to have fully recovered from his health issues.

I can kind of understand why there were reports about him rubbing people up the wrong way in WWE. He was on the AEW podcast last week and he's got quite a condescending way of speaking. A heel run where he leans into this and can justify him wrestling a slower pace may be the way to go after the initial buzz wears off.

4 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

He's had long term issues from COVID which is probably the reason why he's not in as good a shape as he used to be. Personally I'm not really seeing it and think he looks fine. Yes he's moving slow but the guy is fucking massive. He's a tank and should be moving like a tank. He shouldn't be flying around. Especially when everyone else in AEW is basically a high flyer, he stands out in a good way in that he just slowly demolishes people.

If he isn’t healthy yet he shouldn’t be on tv until he is. They paid Brian cage for months before he appeared as get got healthy, same should have happened here for his sake