AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

What a mess they've made of this whole situation.

Worst of all, it's obvious a New Japan guy isn't going to win the interim belt so they've now essentially ruined the Forbidden Door main event.

I get they've been dealt a bad hand with the injury but the way they've handled it has been woeful 

I love that the Tanahashi match is now for the interim title. Adds so much more intrigue to a show that might otherwise have felt like a load of exhibition matches lacking consequence.

A Tanahashi win is surely unlikely but not out of the question. Would be interesting if in-canon Tony is rooting for the New Japan guy to keep his belt off MJF.

25 minutes ago, Doog said:

What a mess they've made of this whole situation.

Worst of all, it's obvious a New Japan guy isn't going to win the interim belt so they've now essentially ruined the Forbidden Door main event.

I get they've been dealt a bad hand with the injury but the way they've handled it has been woeful 

No more obvious than Tanahashi wasn’t beating Punk for it either 

1 hour ago, Louch said:

No more obvious than Tanahashi wasn’t beating Punk for it either 

Aye but at least we knew who the champion was here, and was that match ever advertised as being for the actual title?

This one is supposedly going to be for the interim belt so in theory should be a degree of mystery, essentially whoever wins on Wednesday is the Interim champion. Its an absolute mess

Edited by Doog

2 minutes ago, Doog said:

Aye but at least we knew who the champion was here, and was that match ever advertised as being for the actual title?

This one is supposedly going to be for the interim belt so in theory should be a degree of mystery, essentially whoever wins on Wednesday is the Interim champion. Its an absolute mess

Tanahashi was making belt gestures, this is being made a title match. It’s not hard to see it was going to be a title match 

8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I mean, there really is nothing to be confused about. It’s really simple to understand.

It’s needlessly convoluted.

- Why did Moxley leapfrog up the rankings after one win. He’s a face whose going into a match with an unfair advantage over the winner of the Battle Royale. If Mox wins (which he most likely will), he’s beaten a guy whose already had a match. What does that do for Mox?

- Why does Tanahashi now have to qualify for a match that he already had

- Just have Mox win the Battle Royale and face Tanahashi at FD. The simplest solution is usually the right one

Edited by WyattSheepMask

2 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Its a bit convoluted for now but the match will be set in a week's time.

I hope its not Moxley personally. There's several much more interesting options. And I love Moxley.

Like who? All of this is is Tony bending to New Japan at the end of the day.

They’ll pick who they’re ok with Tanahashi to do the job to and New Japan loves Mox.