Celebrity Freakshow Shit-Boxing Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

This influencer/YouTuber Boxing shit is massively played out for me now. The occasional freakshow I can get into but itā€™s all the time now. IFL are all over my Twitter timeline today with women Iā€™ve never heard of, who are apparently boxers now, talking about sucking dick and stuff, thereā€™s these morbidly obese blokes getting their tits out, YouTube wallies with weird names and shit. I know Iā€™m not the target audience and this cack must be hugely popular to somebody for them to keep covering it. But Jesus fuck itā€™s rotten and cringe. I get it, Iā€™m an old prick now but is this really how far weā€™ve fallen? Ā šŸ¤£

Iā€™ve got no problem with someone like Jake Paul doing it. Iā€™m not a fan but he does seem to genuinely want to fight and heā€™s no worse than some rookies who came in the more ā€˜traditionalā€™ way. He can fight a bit and heā€™s a polarising personality. I can see the appeal there even if itā€™s not necessarily my cup of tea. But a lot of it is veering too far into the silly, embarrassing side now. I keep hearing that itā€™s popular and it must be or promoters/media wouldnā€™t think itā€™s worth bothering with. But Iā€™ve got a 9 year old daughter, Iā€™ve got nephews and nieces in their teens and into their early 20s, Iā€™ve got mates with teenage kids, all different kinds of kids with different social circles, boys and girls, and not a single one of them is into this bollocks. Whoā€™s actually watching it? If I want Boxing Iā€™ll watch people who can box. If I want a freakshow I want shit like Nogueira vs Sapp. This stuff is neither end of the spectrum. I donā€™t get the appeal at all. But like I said, I guess Iā€™m not meant to.Ā 

• Paid Members

There's clearly a massive audience for it, especially on the Misfits Boxing side of the freakshow. It just taps into that youtubing/streaming audience, the people invovled in this are stars to these people. I don't really get it, I don't know who 90% of the "fighters" are but i'm probably not meant too. That said, if someone had put my favorite celebrities in boxing matches when I was a teenager, i'd have been front row with my haribo,.

The top end of the Misfits cards ive seen have been fun to watch. I've watched a couple now and i've enjoyed them. Some of it goes over my head but the energy of it all is pretty infectious, plus I always enjoy a bit of a car crash. It's a bit of aĀ  guilty pleasure for me.

Tonight's bullshit:

FvmAGjcWcAEg9Vd.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

KSI got it done last night Matt Brown style...

Ā 

The evidence is pretty damning and the ref was positioned perfectly to see it but KSI somehow got away with it. To be fair, I didn't see it in real time, and neither did the commentary team, it happened pretty fast. Even if it somehow gets overturned, Misfits got what they wanted.

KSI's training with London Shoot Fighters paying off.Ā  KSI even fought round 1 like Michael Page (who was in his corner), completely mimicking his style.Ā 

Yup...

Kalle Sauerland in the background just realising how much money he's gonna make from it allĀ šŸ‘ƒ

FwCg8skX0AAlVYK.thumb.jpg.4d1df226cf631ff153343b1cc3ce819b.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

It wasn't good, I don't think the one could physically throw a punch. They had to stop midway through round q and actually tape his shorts up cause they kept falling down. The ref just waved it off to save them any more embarrassment in round 2, bit sad.

20230514_171634.thumb.jpg.5c59de8b445d760516ded7b3313d9a51.jpg

I know we were well into the "someone might die territory" already with this shit but the guy on the right above is 48 years old, 400 pounds and has a fucking huge amount of health issues. At least with the other fights the men and women on this Misfits shit from KSI they are at least young and in shape.Ā 

I used to think KSI was the face in this Youtube boxing shit compared to the Paul brothers but he is the worst. He is going to get someone killed.

• Paid Members

Keemstar set up the Wings/Boogie thing, I think I read somewhere they got $10k a piece for that fight. They changed the length of the rounds from 90 seconds to a minute. I hear wings actually trained for the fight, while Boogie just kept talking shit about him trying to build hype, then as soon as he got punched in the face he just seemed to lose ihis bottle and spent most of the "fight"trying to avoid getting punched in the face again. The ref was right to call it in the second round as it was a one-sided farce.

Keemstar is also trying to set those two up as co-hosts of a "LOLcows" podcast and offered them $50k just to sign on, then a cut of whatever money the podcast makes. The third host was going to be a guy called DarkSyde Phil, whose claim to fame is that he once got caught having one off the wrist on stream because he didn't realise he'd left the camera on. He's terrible at videogames and just sits on his streams saying "poor me" while people he's gaslit into thinking he's genuinely hard done by donate to him so he can spend it all on getting expensive food delivered to his home and microtransactions in mobile games. He dropped out because he knew if he took the $50k people would stop giving him money.Ā 

Edited by jazzygeofferz