Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 12, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 12, 2023 i'll just pop this here... Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted May 13, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 13, 2023 NDO Champ a bodybuilder/fitness influencer/YouTubers will be boxing Roy Jones. https://allhiphop.com/news/ndo-champ-hungry-to-fight-roy-jones-jr-in-celebrity-boxing-match/ NDO has a larger than life personality to go with the superhero physique. His YouTube videos are a guilty pleasure of mine. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 13, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 13, 2023 This influencer/YouTuber Boxing shit is massively played out for me now. The occasional freakshow I can get into but it’s all the time now. IFL are all over my Twitter timeline today with women I’ve never heard of, who are apparently boxers now, talking about sucking dick and stuff, there’s these morbidly obese blokes getting their tits out, YouTube wallies with weird names and shit. I know I’m not the target audience and this cack must be hugely popular to somebody for them to keep covering it. But Jesus fuck it’s rotten and cringe. I get it, I’m an old prick now but is this really how far we’ve fallen? ? I’ve got no problem with someone like Jake Paul doing it. I’m not a fan but he does seem to genuinely want to fight and he’s no worse than some rookies who came in the more ‘traditional’ way. He can fight a bit and he’s a polarising personality. I can see the appeal there even if it’s not necessarily my cup of tea. But a lot of it is veering too far into the silly, embarrassing side now. I keep hearing that it’s popular and it must be or promoters/media wouldn’t think it’s worth bothering with. But I’ve got a 9 year old daughter, I’ve got nephews and nieces in their teens and into their early 20s, I’ve got mates with teenage kids, all different kinds of kids with different social circles, boys and girls, and not a single one of them is into this bollocks. Who’s actually watching it? If I want Boxing I’ll watch people who can box. If I want a freakshow I want shit like Nogueira vs Sapp. This stuff is neither end of the spectrum. I don’t get the appeal at all. But like I said, I guess I’m not meant to. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 13, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 13, 2023 (edited) There's clearly a massive audience for it, especially on the Misfits Boxing side of the freakshow. It just taps into that youtubing/streaming audience, the people invovled in this are stars to these people. I don't really get it, I don't know who 90% of the "fighters" are but i'm probably not meant too. That said, if someone had put my favorite celebrities in boxing matches when I was a teenager, i'd have been front row with my haribo,. The top end of the Misfits cards ive seen have been fun to watch. I've watched a couple now and i've enjoyed them. Some of it goes over my head but the energy of it all is pretty infectious, plus I always enjoy a bit of a car crash. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. Tonight's bullshit: Edited May 13, 2023 by Egg Shen Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 13, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 13, 2023 inevitable KSI/Fury faceoff incoming Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 13, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 13, 2023 (edited) . Edited May 13, 2023 by Egg Shen Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 13, 2023 Author Paid Members Posted May 13, 2023 Fucking Paigey Cakey?! Lady Leshurr's ex? Quote
Jacko Posted May 13, 2023 Posted May 13, 2023 That salt papi is the best boxer of them all out of the influencers would wipe the floor with ksi and Jake Paul from what I’ve seen from him. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 13, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 13, 2023 Salt Papi just lost by unananimous decision ? Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 14, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 14, 2023 (edited) KSI got it done last night Matt Brown style... The evidence is pretty damning and the ref was positioned perfectly to see it but KSI somehow got away with it. To be fair, I didn't see it in real time, and neither did the commentary team, it happened pretty fast. Even if it somehow gets overturned, Misfits got what they wanted. KSI's training with London Shoot Fighters paying off. KSI even fought round 1 like Michael Page (who was in his corner), completely mimicking his style. Yup... Kalle Sauerland in the background just realising how much money he's gonna make from it all ? Edited May 14, 2023 by Egg Shen Quote
Rossman Posted May 14, 2023 Posted May 14, 2023 How much of a mess was those two fat fuckers trying to fight? Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 14, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 14, 2023 It wasn't good, I don't think the one could physically throw a punch. They had to stop midway through round q and actually tape his shorts up cause they kept falling down. The ref just waved it off to save them any more embarrassment in round 2, bit sad. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted May 14, 2023 Posted May 14, 2023 I know we were well into the "someone might die territory" already with this shit but the guy on the right above is 48 years old, 400 pounds and has a fucking huge amount of health issues. At least with the other fights the men and women on this Misfits shit from KSI they are at least young and in shape. I used to think KSI was the face in this Youtube boxing shit compared to the Paul brothers but he is the worst. He is going to get someone killed. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted May 15, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 15, 2023 (edited) Keemstar set up the Wings/Boogie thing, I think I read somewhere they got $10k a piece for that fight. They changed the length of the rounds from 90 seconds to a minute. I hear wings actually trained for the fight, while Boogie just kept talking shit about him trying to build hype, then as soon as he got punched in the face he just seemed to lose ihis bottle and spent most of the "fight"trying to avoid getting punched in the face again. The ref was right to call it in the second round as it was a one-sided farce. Keemstar is also trying to set those two up as co-hosts of a "LOLcows" podcast and offered them $50k just to sign on, then a cut of whatever money the podcast makes. The third host was going to be a guy called DarkSyde Phil, whose claim to fame is that he once got caught having one off the wrist on stream because he didn't realise he'd left the camera on. He's terrible at videogames and just sits on his streams saying "poor me" while people he's gaslit into thinking he's genuinely hard done by donate to him so he can spend it all on getting expensive food delivered to his home and microtransactions in mobile games. He dropped out because he knew if he took the $50k people would stop giving him money. Edited May 15, 2023 by jazzygeofferz Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.