Jump to content

Celebrity Freakshow Shit-Boxing Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

You have to respect Mayweather for fleecing all of these people that put these shows on. You have to assume he got paid millions for this, and when you break it down, its essentially a sightly more intense sparring session, and i mean slightly. Mayweather makes the easiest money any sportsman in the world does. Dont think anyone comes close to what he does.

In terms of the broadcast, it wasnt the best of looks when the commentators and the match graphics thought it was a six rounder, and then it went eight instead. Very amatuer.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

It's not really surprising. Maywifebeater's last exhibition tanked, so he probably thought "let's go for pure freakshow" to ramp up the interest.

  • Paid Members
Posted

It probably didn't tank for him, i'd imagine Mayweather was paid up front. The people who put the thing on lost their conkers 

Posted

I can't be the only one who suspects an ever so slight discrepancy in the numbers Floyd is claiming he's being paid for these "fights" and what he's actually making?

Take his fight with Don Moore as an example. It was claimed by the Mayweather camp that he took home 80% of the PPV sales, while Moore got 20%. 

The numbers mentioned by Mayweather suggested that he made $60 million, while Moore got $6 million.

This was an online PPV that cost £14.99 or $14.99. So, even disregarding the fact that there would be fees associated with running the PPV through the distributor, and for arguments sake looking at these numbers on a flat basis where both fighters share the spoils of every single dollar brought in, we're talking about somewhere in the region of 4.4 million legitimate PPV buys. 

Who's buying that figure? Throw in the costs associated with running the PPV and commissions taken by the software companies who hosted the show, you'd need even more PPV sales to meet the take-home numbers Mayweather mentions.

Posted
22 minutes ago, David said:

Take his fight with Don Moore as an example. It was claimed by the Mayweather camp that he took home 80% of the PPV sales, while Moore got 20%. 

The numbers mentioned by Mayweather suggested that he made $60 million, while Moore got $6 million.

Would that only be applicable if the PPV buys made up 100% of the purse? I’m sure they make up the majority but would the figures also take into things like sponsorship, gate, and the like?

Posted
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Would that only be applicable if the PPV buys made up 100% of the purse? I’m sure they make up the majority but would the figures also take into things like sponsorship, gate, and the like?

Unlike some of his other fights, I'm sure I saw it mentioned that he wasn't making a flat fee for the Don Moore fight, and would only be taking home profits from the PPV. I could be wrong though, but that's what I based my calculations on.

Posted
3 minutes ago, David said:

Unlike some of his other fights, I'm sure I saw it mentioned that he wasn't making a flat fee for the Don Moore fight, and would only be taking home profits from the PPV. I could be wrong though, but that's what I based my calculations on.

Plus you have to factor in that he can’t half be full of shit at times. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, David said:

Unlike some of his other fights, I'm sure I saw it mentioned that he wasn't making a flat fee for the Don Moore fight, and would only be taking home profits from the PPV. I could be wrong though, but that's what I based my calculations on.

I don't believe that

Posted
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Plus you have to factor in that he can’t half be full of shit at times. 

That's what I mean. His whole persona and schtick is being "Money Mayweather" and all that shite. It wouldn't be very "if it don't make dollars it don't make cents, y'all" if he admitted that his fight with Aaron Chalmers, for example, which took place in front of around 5,000 fans in a 20,000 seater arena was a complete financial flop.

It's claimed he made "upwards of $20 million" for the fight, excluding PPV buys from what I've read. I'm sorry, but I call bullshit on that. No one is paying enough to see Mayweather fight someone from Geordie Shore that he's walking away with upwards of $20 million. I just don't buy into that. The fight was shown on something called the Zeus Network for $29.99.

He also claimed he was paid $1 million just to speak to Deji about their potential fight. Nope, I ain't buying that. The media may swallow the bullshit, and are happy to print clickbait like this, all coming from "insiders" who "claim" these figures as real.

There's no chance that Mayweather isn't embellishing his numbers. But he won't admit that, of course. It doesn't fit with the persona he's selling. 

Posted

Embellishing or not, theres no denying that whatever money he made from that Chalmers fight, which still must have been millions, was the easiest cash grab of 2023. No training, and show up and do a bit of sparring for a few minutes. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Dai said:

Embellishing or not, theres no denying that whatever money he made from that Chalmers fight, which still must have been millions, was the easiest cash grab of 2023. No training, and show up and do a bit of sparring for a few minutes. 

If he'd been paid £100 and had a crate of Diet Coke delivered to his dressing room as a rider it would still have been too much.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Well it's happening, Jones vs. Pettis is tomorrow. Thought i'd keep it in the shit thread as its a bit of a weird one. Apparently ticket sales have been shite and online promotion pretty much non-existent, but its happening.

Roy Jones Jr. vs. Anthony Pettis at 200lb in 2023, what a time to be alive:

5d547037-add2-413a-a891-162e46e168cb-fight-14.jpg.6c9fcf96c32c8073c0f74c6907abc17d.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...