Celebrity Freakshow Shit-Boxing Thread

Carbomb

I was watching this live and the combination of punches definitely happened after the bell rung for the end of the round.

Still gave the bloke a standing 8 count though.

It really was a terrible event, I think they just played the same 3 adverts for 2 hours straight between the Womens Title bout and the Silva fight. Ā 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

It's the Kevin Nash ATM Principle at work. An easy night for Pacquiao while earning biggish cash. The ATM will probably stop paying out in a couple of years, so get it while it's paying.

• Paid Members

One of these days though, one of these chumps is gonna catch Floyd or Manny or whoever and put them out. As big as the gulf in actual skills and experience are, you canā€™t keep taunting Father Time the way this lot are. I get the appeal of making a few more mill every now and then for an ā€œeasy nightā€™s workā€ and thatā€™s all well and good until you get in there and actually do find out the reflexes, reaction times, feet, chin or whatever are shot to bits and some YouTube wally with a name I canā€™t even pronounce or make sense of sparks you. Even in Floydā€™s fight recently with Askakura, yeah he battered him in the end but something like this is gonna put him out one of these fine days.Ā 

7BF315EC-89F1-45C2-82C3-31B443A9DBD9.gif

• Paid Members

I don't get the impression they care too much, though - haven't all of Mayweather's shit-boxing fights been exhibitions, so as to protect his precious unbeaten record? And Manny's lost a few times. Given that records, unless you're chasing a place in the history books, only really matter in terms of your earning ability in a boxing career, I'd have thought any boxer coming out of or near retirement, especially one that's not unbeaten, wouldn't really care if some TikTok scrote got a lucky punch in.

33 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

haven't all of Mayweather's shit-boxing fights been exhibitions, so as to protect his precious unbeaten record?

That won't matter when the photograph being shown around the world is him laying on his back while YouTube shmuck is celebrating above him.Ā 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, David said:

That won't matter when the photograph being shown around the world is him laying on his back while YouTube shmuck is celebrating above him.Ā 

Don't get me wrong - such a thing couldn't happen to a nicer wifebeater. But I'd have thought his marketing would be such that he'd just be able to say: "Yeh, but against real professionals in the prime of my life, I'm still 50-0".Ā