Celebrity Freakshow Shit-Boxing Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah, it was always shit boxing. Furyā€™s opponents have more combined losses than Ebbs Accas.Ā 

I had to re-read that - I thought there was some cannon-fodder tin-can boxer called Ebenezer Accas or something.

10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah, it was always shit boxing. Furyā€™s opponents have more combined losses than Ebbs Accas.Ā 

To be fair, he is only seven fights deep in his career and is only 22 years old. It's not unusual to see untested young prospects face veterans with lopsided records. For example, we saw George Fox (4-0) go up against Kamil Sokolowski at the weekend on the Arthur/Yarde 2 card.

Sokolowski was a rough and ready 10-24-2 coming into that one!

26 minutes ago, David said:

To be fair, he is only seven fights deep in his career and is only 22 years old. It's not unusual to see untested young prospects face veterans with lopsided records. For example, we saw George Fox (4-0) go up against Kamil Sokolowski at the weekend on the Arthur/Yarde 2 card.

Sokolowski was a rough and ready 10-24-2 coming into that one!

ā€œUntested young prospectā€. Is that code for ā€œCashing in on the nameā€. Heā€™s a bum. I was really hoping Paul would starch him.Ā 

27 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

ā€œUntested young prospectā€. Is that code for ā€œCashing in on the nameā€. Heā€™s a bum. I was really hoping Paul would starch him.Ā 

It generally applies to all young boxers of that age and experience. Take away his name and he's a 22 year old kid in the sport with seven bouts to his name.Ā 

2 minutes ago, David said:

It generally applies to all young boxers of that age and experience. Take away his name and he's a 22 year old kid in the sport with seven bouts to his name.Ā 

But would he be as protected as he is without the name? He may have had 7 fights but I seriously doubt heā€™d have racked up seven fights against opponents whose records make Sokolowskiā€™s look like Julio Cesar ChavezĀ 

16 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

But would he be as protected as he is without the name? He may have had 7 fights but I seriously doubt heā€™d have racked up seven fights against opponents whose records make Sokolowskiā€™s look like Julio Cesar ChavezĀ 

He wouldn't be, no. But it's common place for fighters who are more marketable to be more protected. And lets face it, Frank Warren wants Fury to succeed. He has that cross-industry appeal, doesn't he? A combination of looks (although very little charisma) and the surname doesn't hurt.Ā 

If he's still being protected to this extent when he's 15 fights deep into his career then there's questions to be asked, but as-is, it's not all that unusual.

4 hours ago, David said:

He wouldn't be, no. But it's common place for fighters who are more marketable to be more protected. And lets face it, Frank Warren wants Fury to succeed. He has that cross-industry appeal, doesn't he? A combination of looks (although very little charisma) and the surname doesn't hurt.Ā 

If he's still being protected to this extent when he's 15 fights deep into his career then there's questions to be asked, but as-is, it's not all that unusual.

Yeah I get all that and he will make money but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen anyone with such limited ability being protected in such a way. Heā€™s a bum but a bum that keeps the cash registers ringing.Ā 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah I get all that and he will make money but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen anyone with such limited ability being protected in such a way. Heā€™s a bum but a bum that keeps the cash registers ringing.Ā 

If he's a no-talent bum then he'll be found out soon enough.

His big brother probably came to the realisation as time got closer that the YouTuber was going to smack around, embarrass, humiliate and finish his little brother and decided to get him to pull out and promise to give him the money out his own back pocket to save face, so that he can't have the surname Fury on his record.Ā