Celebrity Freakshow Shit-Boxing Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Yeah, Danis' BJJ credentials are legit. I don't know enough to go into it but he's won some high level tournaments and mixed it with the best BJJ practictioners in the world. He moved into MMA in 2018, fought 2 real low level fighters in Bellator and nothing has happened since. He's just got involved in several online spats, annoyed a lot of people and become a bit of a joke to the combat sports community.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Danis' BJJ credentials are legit

Well credential wise yeah, but he is as impressive in the competitive BJJ world as he is in the MMA world. He got his black belt from Marcelo Garcia but also got kicked out of there for twatish behavior. He was more respected when he was a brown belt but has really done nothing of note as a black belt.

• Paid Members

Heā€™s basically the Teddy Hart of the combat sports world. Couldā€™ve been something but canā€™t seem to get his head out of his arse.

And again, fuck Greg Hardy. He beat up Rahman Jr and it was on very late notice so fair play. But he also had about 90lbs on him, was celebrating as if he just knocked out Tyson Fury, then called out Tommy Fury, whoā€™d be another massively outsized opponent.

• 1 month later...

Dillon Danis has pulled out of his fight with KSI two weeks out. He was complaining about a weight gain clause. So KSI's lot said they would remove it. Then he dropped out completely as he was unprepared for the fight. Rumours are the clown barely even trained for it and did not even have a proper training team setup.

Ā 

KSI is fighting some other YouTuber instead. He seems massively pissed off and has said he will never fight Danis now. So Danis has just completely blown his shot at making a huge sum of money. Well done mate!

Ā 

I could have put this in the "Things that cheer you up" thread tbh.

• Paid Members

an absolute waster.

The sad thing is, i'm such a sucker for any kind of hype i'd actually planned on watching the KSI fight next weekend and was a little bit disappointed when he pulled out. I hang my head in shameĀ šŸ˜”

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 1/6/2023 at 6:57 PM, David said:

You need to take a long, hard look at your life.

to back this comment up, i actually caught the last 90 minutes or so of last night's Misfit's boxing show from Wembley Arena, and you wanna know what? I actually enjoyed it.

Just seeing the fights go down in front of an audience that enthusiastic makes it engaging, the crowd is into all of it. The fights I saw weren't bad either, there was certainly nothing embarrassing about what I saw, and it was clear that everyone who boxed had put the time in to prepare. I've certainly seen much worse actual pro boxing than what I saw last night. The other thing I realised is, whilst it's easy to rip on the crossover/youtube scene, it's pretty apparent why they are popular. There's a million youtuber's out there but only a select bunch become popular from it, and natural charisma plays a huge part of that, and these guys have it. It doesn't all make sense to me and some of it goes over my head, but you can see why the targeted audience lap it up.

Ā I did like Salt Papi though, that tubster came out looking like a superstar. Danced around the ring, clowning a youtube fitness expert then knocked him out with a left hand. Chalk one up for the fat boys.

Ā 

Ryan Garcia was impressed too:

Ā 

KSI won the main event by first round KO. Not sure if it was a mismatch or if KSI is just boxing on a level above the standard youtubers, but it was a cracking shot. People might not like it but a KSI/Jake Paul fight would be massive. Imagine that with a Francis Ngannou boxing match in the co-main event? Printing money.

Ā 

Gotta add this too, I didn't see this live as it happened earlier in the night. But some chump was fighting a 'mystery opponent', turns out it was the Mexican guy KSI beat on that '2 fights in 1 night' deal a while back, Luis Alcaraz Pineda. Pineda is an actual pro with a 2-7 record but he was widely mocked for his performance against KSI, seems he's since become abit of a cult hero in the youtube boxing world, and he came back and won last night. Check his entrance. How can you not love this? this guy would be propping up Mexican club shows for the rest of his life fighting for peanuts, but now he's being treated like a star in front of 10,000 fans, fair fucks to the guy.

Ā 

enjoyed it, don't care, off to buy some Prime.

Ā 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

enjoyed it, don't care, off to buy some Prime.

Donā€™t forget to sell a kidney first.

I didnā€™t watch it but I heard bits and bobs. If I was in Iā€™d have probably given it a look but Iā€™m not at the point I feel compelled to go out of my way for this shite. I know itā€™s a silly gripe but the goofy names is half the reason I just canā€™t bring myself to watch. Iā€™ll never in my life say the words out loud ā€œTurn the volume up the SALT PAPI fight is nextā€ šŸ˜‚ theyā€™ve all got these weird names and I get it, their YouTube audience or whatever will recognise them by that. But seeing Michael Buffer (the good Buffer, the real Buffer) announcing some of these names in clips over the weekend was hilarious but also made me think ā€˜Christ how much money do you need Buff?ā€™Ā 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Ā 

I didnā€™t watch it but I heard bits and bobs. If I was in Iā€™d have probably given it a look but Iā€™m not at the point I feel compelled to go out of my way for this shite. I know itā€™s a silly gripe but the goofy names is half the reason I just canā€™t bring myself to watch.

Yeah i feel that, but it does make them standout and i guess that's the whole point of the persona's. Salt Papi for example is ridiculous, and before last night I had no idea who the guy was, I still don't know what he actually does, but I couldn't help but like the guy and he was impressive, no doubt about it.

I do like how the real boxing world is slowly dipping their toes in though. Seeing Kalle Sauerland running into the ring and celebrating like KSI had just won a World title was great to seešŸ˜„Ā I got sent a picture of the whole Talksport boxing crew sitting ringside and commentating too, you know it's eating them up inside but they can see there's work and money to be made in the space so they have to get involved.

Fmf-wL2XoAETT68.thumb.jpg.52f6f84ffacde08c1197478044e2aac4.jpg

I'm interested to see what other 'real' combat sports athletes move over though, KSI called Woodley out after the fight, and it just shows that it doesn't even matter if you lose in this world, if you connect with the audience and get people talking you'll keep getting asked back to fight.

Idris Virgo boxed on the undercard last night, he was a reality TV guy who moved into boxing a while back and went 14-0 going the traditional route. He's never gonna be a world champion but moving into the Misfits thing and dominating there must be a super attractive avenue for guys to take. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Aaron Chalmers be next.Ā 

5 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

to back this comment up, i actually caught the last 90 minutes or so of last night's Misfit's boxing show from Wembley Arena, and you wanna know what? I actually enjoyed it.

Yeah, I was only yanking your chain. We all enjoy it to some extent. We're the worst of the worstĀ šŸ˜‚

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Mayweather/Chalmers was what it was meant to be. It started after the KSW main event last night so I watched it live. Mayweather went in, looked really good, moved about and made Aaron Chalmers look abit silly. Chalmers to his credit never stopped trying and seemed to enjoy every minute of it. There was probably a few thousands people in there but it came off alright on the broadcast.