TV Shows that have aged badly?

JohnKringler

4 hours ago, JohnKringler said:

Brainiac was also super problematic in how it treated the female section. Loved it as a kid though.

I loved how despite it being a kids show somewhat, the majority of the ladies on that show were stars of the bongo scene. Was taken aback seeing Michelle Thorne on it, considering the last thing I saw her in, she was getting blasted up the farter by Pete The Meat.

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

I rewatched Men Behaving Badly last year and some of that really has not aged well. Like the second episode of series two, 'Rent boy', which is about Gary is worried that Tony is actually gay and he's stuck sharing a flat with him.

That episode is a rip the piss out of Gary for being so pathetic about it, the series just isn't funny rather than the situation being problematic. Series 2 isn't good in general (although better than the first) and the show doesn't take off until the 3rd.

Red Dwarf, but in a different way to more problematic stuff. 

Always felt the Men Behaving Badly slagging was part of the resentment of the britpop lad culture thing it threw it when they went post watershed on BBC. Its dated a bit, but I always thought regardless it had a good cast of good comedy actors and Leslie Ash. Some of the episodes are still very fun, lots of eyebrow raising for some of it though. 

6 hours ago, JohnKringler said:

Bad Girls hasn't aged well, from what I watched last night.

I agree. I binge watched the whole series of Bad Girls during lockdown. It got to the point where I was glad it ended.

3 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

I rewatched Men Behaving Badly last year and some of that really has not aged well. Like the second episode of series two, 'Rent boy', which is about Gary is worried that Tony is actually gay and he's stuck sharing a flat with him.

I’ve been rewatching some of this on Prime Video recently. I also noticed that Gary sometimes used words like “bitch” and “bint” when angry with certain women. Not sure that would fly today. At least not in one of the nation’s most popular sitcoms anyway. Caroline Quentin was funnier than I remembered as Dorothy though. Sarcastic and very funny with it.

1 hour ago, Version1.0 said:

Anyone watched Bo Selecta lately?

This was going to be my choice. I doubt any of the Keith Lemon shite will age well either. Leigh Francis seems like a massive dickhead.

Louie was an uncomfortable watch in the first place. Louis CK actually being a total creep can't help rewatches for anyone.

2 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

This was going to be my choice. I doubt any of the Keith Lemon shite will age well either. Leigh Francis seems like a massive dickhead.

Louie was an uncomfortable watch in the first place. Louis CK actually being a total creep can't help rewatches for anyone.

Apparently Leigh Francis is actually supposed to be a genuinely lovely guy off screen and out of character supposedly anyway 

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Friends. For many reasons, but Ross’ whole arc would make him the most hated man in America today.

As seen from it having been added to Netflix and being seen by a whole new audience, it has aged fine apart from the stuff with Chandler's dad.

Whether you like it or not is a different question but it's as good as it ever was.

Edited by Chest Rockwell