Moments in wrestling that gave you goosebumps

RedRooster

Without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't seen it, there were two moments during this week's Dynamite that gave me goosebumps - I'm not sure that's ever happened twice in the same show for me, but AEW is knocking it out of the park right now. 

Anyway - what moments in wrestling have given you that feeling? Outside of AEW, this moment gets me every single time...

• Paid Members

maxresdefault.jpg

I’d stayed up to watch Survivor Series. I think I’d maybe heard rumours Sting was débuting but for it to actually happen was just so surreal. I didn’t know if I was having a 3 AM hallucination or not that Sting was actually in WWE after nearly 20 years of, “They’re in talks”, “He’s nearly signed” only to be let down.

Shame about what happened thereafter.

I'll also add this - the entire sequence gives me goosebumps, right from the moment he hits that frogsplash, to the three count. I was just over a year into watching wrestling when this happened, and this was the first time that "my guy" won the title. I didn't even get to watch it live - I watched it months later on DVD, knowing full well what the result was, and it still got me: 

Having gotten into wrestling in late 1999, Undertaker had always been the American Bad Ass character since I'd been a fan but I always wished he'd go back to being the Deadman again having seen it in archives. I don't think my heart has ever pounded like it did in the lead up and entrance for this match at WMXX.

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'll also add this - the entire sequence gives me goosebumps, right from the moment he hits that frogsplash, to the three count. I was just over a year into watching wrestling when this happened, and this was the first time that "my guy" won the title. I didn't even get to watch it live - I watched it months later on DVD, knowing full well what the result was, and it still got me: 

I think one of the reasons i was never really that fussed about the WM XX main event (even at the time) was because this moment felt bigger to me. Eddie just felt like the bigger star throughout the build up and in this match then Benoit did to me at the time. I think some of that credit goes to Brock too. For all the rumours at the time that he didn't like doing the job here, he have Eddie a hell of a lot during the build up and match itself. It's just perfect. 

• Paid Members

Twice in one night. Daniel Bryan announcing his return, saying he isn’t sure what’s next, and then the whole arena stand up and point at the Wrestlemania sign. And then later in the night when Owens and Zayn attacked Bryan and he went apeshit, throwing the craziest running dropkicks of all time. Incredible.