Pride

Chris B

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Slightly off topic, but I still think there should be a "drugs" Olympics just for those on juice.

Imagine seeing someone run the 100m in under 7 seconds. 

There is, its called the Olympics. I love sport but they are all cheating in some way. From drugs to technological advancement they are all at it. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I try and learn enough to be respectful of people's rights but mostly I try and be as kind as I can. It's difficult and a lot of the time I don't succeed but I do try. The rest of the time I just shut the fuck up because people have enough going on without me making it worse. 

I think that's how everyone should behave really. I don't really understand the whole trans thing really if I'm being honest with myself. But I'm perfectly at peace with the fact that something is valid, important and exists even though I personally don't understand it. And the world is fucking hard and miserable most the time, why should I make it harder by hating something I don't understand or being cruel towards someone living their life in a way they want to that is different to mine? I just shut the fuck up, let people crack on and save all my hate for the Torys.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

There's been a lot of discourse over on competitive Call of Duty twitter today regarding a trans woman playing in the female league of the CDL. Imagine being so bigoted that you bring this arguement up around a fucking eSport. I still have no idea why there is even a mens and women's separate leagues never mind bringing trans people into the arguement.

Screenshot_20240314_221655_X.jpg

• Paid Members
Just now, Nick James said:

I still have no idea why there is even a mens and women's separate leagues

Probably for the same reason men and women's chess was separated. The men are scared of the embarrassment of being beaten by women. Dickheads.

14 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Probably for the same reason men and women's chess was separated. The men are scared of the embarrassment of being beaten by women. Dickheads.

Men and women’s chess was separated because of systemic misogyny and abuse toward women, and in an attempt to attract women back to the sport/game. I’d warrant the same goes for eSports given some of the conversations I’ve seen about the abuse female gamers get. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Men and women’s chess was separated because of systemic misogyny and abuse toward women, and in an attempt to attract women back to the sport/game. I’d warrant the same goes for eSports given some of the conversations I’ve seen about the abuse female gamers get. 

What's the general attitude about men and women competing (or not) in darts? I've recently been watching the odd video here and there, and can't get much of a bead on what the discussion is like about Fallon Sherrock or Anastasia Dobromyslova, etc.

Edited by Carbomb

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

They should separate children and adults playing together on Fortnite for the same reason. It’s already embarrassing enough playing that game without getting called a noob by someone who can’t spell noob.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

What's the general attitude about men and women competing (or not) in darts? I've recently been watching the odd video here and there, and can't get much of a bead on what the discussion is like about Fallon Sherrock or Anastasia Dobromyslova, etc.

The women in the PDC do have their own separate series and Matchplay event. Same in the WDF (fka the BDO). But they can qualify for the men’s PDC events and compete in WDF opens. The women’s game is only really starting to pick up so discussion is still a bit light. There’s not much money in it atm because there is a difference in the quality. And quality goes by averages. The women generally hit low averages and no one wants to watch a game like that no matter the sex. It’s the same with the men who try to get a tour card and in the opens in the WDF.

There are only a few are really good female players. Beau Greaves, who will defintiely win something big in the “men’s” game as she’s too good for where she’s competing now. Fallon is hit and miss and can’t seem to win a tour card. But she’s incredible when on form. Lisa Ashton is another. Anastasia is more or less finished now as a top player. There is still a huge sexist attitude in the game in general. Especially when one of the women has a terrible game against a man. And it trickles down to county and even pub league. I’ve played and lost to many women. And I only get the hump if I’ve played shit. But a lot of men can’t handle it no matter how good the player is. 

There is a trans female player now in the WDF. You can imagine the comments. I don’t have to say what’s been said by sections of the fans about why she shouldn’t be competing in the women’s game. They don’t even want her in the men’s. But she’s a good player and getting better. And if she makes it to the PDC, I dread to think the reaction will be when more people know about her. Because a lot of attitudes won’t change. 

31 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Alright, I've played along and edited my post to piss off SuperBacon, smart guy. 

To be honest, I haven’t played in years and years so I can’t comment on the current feeling. Maybe @TheBurningRed can help?  (EDIT - Ha, as I was typing he replied!) When I played it was more team based, with men and women’s divisions in county and super league. Individual tournaments were open to all. There was always a stigma/piss taking if you lost to a woman though and I’m sure that persists at local level. Sure we discussed it earlier in the thread but darts is about opportunity more than anything, and because it’s a male centric game with male centric culture, those opportunities aren’t always there for women. That’s why, like chess, the women’s game is to try and entice women into it. 

Regarding the women playing in top tournaments, it’s not really an issue as it’s all merit based. Saying that though, Sharrock got a bit of favour as she was part of girls getting into the game, like Littler is with youngsters. It would only be an issue if someone born male took part in a woman’s tournament to be honest. 

Edited by Keith Houchen
I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.