Foreign/Non-English Language Song of the Day Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

One song per day.

I loves me some Baaba Maal, and was overjoyed to hear some of his music in the Black Panther soundtrack.

Have always preferred his more traditional-style stuff, like he did in his Baayo album, but his modern-sounding work is still awesome.

Baaba Maal - Mariama

Post yer tracks.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Have you seen Broken Flowers? The soundtrack in that has some wonderful Ethiopian music. This reminds me very much of that.

An obvious choice perhaps but a banger. I woke up one morning in the summer of 2015 with it stuck in my head but no idea where I'd ever heard it, googled the lyrics and from there went down a Joe Dassin / French cafe music rabbit hole that lasted quite some time. The only place I can think I'd heard it would have been Pineapple Express but I hadn't seen it any time near that fateful morning in 2015. Anyway, the legend that is Joe Dassin 

Fantastic idea for a thread. 

Can I put a couple?

Firstly, she's been discussed in the Electronic Music thread (and I know @David) is a fan, but everything Yaeji does is fantastic.

Chinese Football are absolutely one of my favourite bands. Sort of emo/soft math rock.

And finally, a bit of French hip hop with my man Django. 

• Paid Members

I remember randomly hearing the house remix on Kiss back in the 90’s and wondering what the hell this song was. I know it’s was a big hit in the 80’s but I missed it. That said it’s a banger, and when the horns drop... just bliss