Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

Marina Shafir is legit excellent at shoot style UWFi bollocks, I've seen her outside of AEW where she can go straight up in that style and it's night and day compared to what we've seen before now.

Jon Moxley is super high on her and seems to be his pet project.

• Paid Members

Marina is getting a lot better at meshing the shoot-style/pro-wrestler stuff. About a year ago everything looked off and didn't flow at all but watching her now, it's like night and day. 

Iron Savages getting yet another repackaging doesn't seem neccesary. Just turn them back into Bear Country already. I can't see them ever catching on to be honest. A combination of flip-flopping between face and heel, saddling them with random managers, injuries and Boulder generally being a bit crap means that they are miles behind where they were during that King Kong vs Godzilla Jurassic Express match two years ago. 

• Paid Members

I know it’s been five years but it’s quite strange living in a time where an AEW show will, pretty soon, have been and gone. 

All signs pointing towards Collision being the big announcement tonight. There are still plenty of opportunities for talent to compete across the different shows if they are really wanting to give talent more exposure. 

• Paid Members

I think this is a great announcement. I have struggled to keep up with 4 AEW shows a week, especially when there is little that occurs on those shows that play into the main tv scene. It was different when Dark first started and there were somethings which crossed over, but for a long while it has just been developmental.

Yeah I quite enjoyed Dark during the lockdown era as something easy and mildly amusing to pass time. But haven't watched Dark or Elevation for over a year. Weekly Dynamite and the occasional Rampage keeps me fine. Haven't bothered with BTE as of late either..Dailys Place era was when I felt these shows were at their prime, which kinda makes sense as it was when everyone in the company felt like a closer knit and cohesive group.

Lockdown was the thing that killed Dark. There was a fun 1 hr show in there before Dailys Place was a thing. Elevation was just there to give people something to do while they were in Jacksonville. First show aside, the only things I've watched from AEW Velocity was Abadon, Brandon Cutler and The Acclaimed. 

• Paid Members
On 4/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, JLM said:

As long as they find another outlet for Daddy Magic colour commentary I can live with this. 

Question for the Elevation watchers amongst you - I found out yesterday, via a meme, that Paul Wight seems to have been doing play-by-play of late. Is he any good/showing any potential for it?

The meme suggested that he and Daddy Magic just fuck about & have a laugh (which which Excalibur & Taz seem to do on the c-shows too) but I'm intrigued* to know if there's any potential that Wight might graduate to one of the main shows one day. It feels like he'd have the voice for it & there's nostalgic echoes of Gorilla Monsoon with the big nasty giant wrestler ending up as the PBP man.

*Not intrigued enough to watch a bunch of Elevation to find out for myself, clearly.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Statto said:

Question for the Elevation watchers amongst you - I found out yesterday, via a meme, that Paul Wight seems to have been doing play-by-play of late. Is he any good/showing any potential for it?

He's good. Nothing mind-blowing but hes just pleasant to listen to.

It helps that in the early days of Elevation he was paired with Mark Henry who was useless.

• Paid Members

I don't usually watch it, but saw on Twitter that there's a funny moment on this weeks BTE where Matt Jackson explains the years-long Bucks/Omega/Hangman storyline and Takeshita replies with "Bloodline much better". What a heel!

Edited by Lorne Malvo

19 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I don't usually watch it, but saw on Twitter that there's a funny moment on this weeks BTE where Matt Jackson explains the years-long Bucks/Omega/Hangman storyline and Takeshita replies with "Bloodline much better". What a heel!

Funny Out take at the end as well with Kenny saying the same thing after Matt explains the earlier chat, but they all crack up 

• Paid Members

Wrestling Observer reporting that Dark and Elevation have both ended.

As a massive fan of C and D shows, I'm gutted. A lot of the undercard guys and particularly the Womens division won't be getting much of a look-in now. I know ROH is essentially Dark with titles, but I'll still miss Taz/Excalibur pissing about, Matt Menard on commentary and QT Marshall/Emi Sakura having bangers every week.