Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

Good to learn that he's back from injury. Doesn't bode well they've used him just the once. Canada tour maybe limited this options as a fly-in. If he's not getting reps after that can only imagine they're winding down his contract.

Brock Anderson's another that might be on the way out. Pillman's release saw people reminisce about the Varisty Blonds and completely overlook the attempt at making these two a team in the early part of the year.

• Paid Members

IMG_5421.jpeg.62e0ad249c7edbb413203c31418f8d1c.jpeg

My heart was in my throat. Genuinely expected him to jump the rail and kickstart the inevitable angle. Couldn’t focus on anything else the whole time Christian was out there. Would they? Could they?! Surely not!

Otherwise, Battle of the Belts was the usual D-level show. Even the satellite broadcasting the show globally gave up half way through. A modern-day Beware of Dog. Beware of the Complete Waste of Time.

• Paid Members

This Christian angle would be fun if Luchasaurus wasn't his guy. With him involved there's not really anywhere for it to go. Luchasaurus is fucking shite so there's no matches to look forward to, there'll never be any interest in him turning on Christian because no one wants to see that match...just can't think of any outcome for this that's good. 

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

IMG_5421.jpeg.62e0ad249c7edbb413203c31418f8d1c.jpeg

My heart was in my throat. Genuinely expected him to jump the rail and kickstart the inevitable angle. Couldn’t focus on anything else the whole time Christian was out there. Would they? Could they?! Surely not!

Otherwise, Battle of the Belts was the usual D-level show. Even the satellite broadcasting the show globally gave up half way through. A modern-day Beware of Dog. Beware of the Complete Waste of Time.

Not sure if it was in the overlap between Collision and BOTB rather than broadcast on either, but they showed CM Punk going over to him and giving him a hug. Nigel just referred to him as “a fan” or “someone” though.

I also really loved Cassidy vs Archer right up to the end, which I didn’t hate but took me by surprise. I suppose they don’t want Archer to already be losing again on night 2 back.

Don't even see the point in protecting Archer, anymore. Send him packing back to Japan. 

Like Nyla Rose, he has zero credibility left.

Edit. 

I usually enjoy BoTB but even I couldn't give a shit about any of this show. 

Starks just barging past Liger was probably the highlight. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

I notice that the slow motion recap of Blood & Guts on the lastest BTE was heavily edited to make Ibushi look good, and fair play as I wouldn't want to remind people of some of those spots. The aftermath bit with Kenny pulling the tacks out of Kota's back though... the lovers are back.

Edited by Merzbow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't think I saw it mentioned and they were a staple of Dark so here might be best but Sonny Kiss is gone from the company, AEW didn't offer them a new contract.

A bit of a shame as as a character there was something cool there but for someone who's wrestled for around ten years they still seemed awkward and green in the ring..

'Prince Nunahh.'

Still the best weekly AEW show.

Additionally. Never saw Prince Nana till AEW. Heard of him for years. As a mid card manager goon he's absolutely wonderful. I get such a kick out of him dancing about. He's out Slick/Mr. Fuji. Not the top boy but enough to get a kick out of him.

Edited by Chili

• 2 months later...