Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

"But then you come out wearing an apron, so are you baking with my mom in her kitchen vagina?"

Even by RJ's high standards I can't quite believe how much he nailed this. Has he actually been reading the forum to prep for this interview? If she ends up in the finals of the Women's TV Title tournament I need to see her do the full cake preparation. Not only delved deep into the lore but helped her flesh out the character with "Stir it up your ass" the only catchphrase she'll ever need. 

What an episode. 

19 minutes ago, JLM said:

"But then you come out wearing an apron, so are you baking with my mom in her kitchen vagina?"

Even by RJ's high standards I can't quite believe how much he nailed this. Has he actually been reading the forum to prep for this interview? If she ends up in the finals of the Women's TV Title tournament I need to see her do the full cake preparation. Not only delved deep into the lore but helped her flesh out the character with "Stir it up your ass" the only catchphrase she'll ever need. 

What an episode. 

Ugh sorry mate, I was meant to tag you and not LaGoosh. Brain fade 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Red Velvet lore fans rejoice!

As happens a lot with Hey EW, she came across as super-likeable. I'd love to see more of the toned-down, backstage version of some of these people, especially when their bigger performances don't always hit. Not everything needs to be to the back row.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, JLM said:

What an episode. 

It’s a miracle with all those invisible bowls of half mixed cake batter left around the stage that no-one’s had an accident 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Really good effort from Athena and Red Velvet at BoTB. 

Pretty pointless show in the grand scheme of things (couldn't even be arsed to put the international title on the line) but still a solid enough hour or wrestling. 

Am I right in thinking that no AEW belts were defended at AEW Battle of the Belts?

• Paid Members

Hook vs Shane Taylor was probably Hook's best singles match yet. Shane Taylor is really great. He's fat, talks trash and has spectacular punches and forearms - what more could anyone want from a wrestler? Really fun match with these two and worth seeking out.

Also the pre-match segment with Hook and Shibata was top stuff and these two need a proper tag run. Shibata communicating via a female voiced translator on his phone is such a goddamn clever and great idea and adds some much needed levity to his super serious intense character. These two together just work and I'd love to see them vs the Young Bucks or FTR which are matches that never crossed my mind before. But alas, Jericho will get in the way for fucks sake.

• Paid Members

Not sure where else it fits, but I thought this thread was interesting. It was in response to a very pro WWE twitter account saying Cody’s promos since winning have been dull and someone asking if this was how his downfall started in AEW. I think it’s still far to early to say Cody’s a bust but still 

I think I said it in another thread but Cody from the start of AEW up until the pandemic began was just phenomenal. He was absolutely brilliant and I loved everything he did from Dustin to Jericho to MJF (except the smashing throne silliness but nevermind). I think @RedRooster saw it before we all did but he was alright after that and through most of 2020, but that QT Marshall feud was where things started to feel off in retrospect even if I didn't see that at the time. All his feuds suddenly started skipping chapters.