Recipes on YouTube

Carbomb

• Paid Members

As mentioned Babish with a script making ridiculous stuff and then showing how to make an awesome alternative that people can do is a big hit for me.

But yeah, Sorted Food. I put as much for them getting me back into cooking as I do this place. It got me and a few friends doing some cooking stuff together too as we stole the Big Night In and Battle Elements as well just so we all cooked a little more. The price of their cookbooks are extortionate though.

First We Feasts The Burger Show is pretty good as well. It doesn't always teach much new, but it's good for getting ideas on where to take a Burger next for sure.

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members

There's plenty to pick from but the things that got me worst were him saying "Gas Mark...5...or 6?" and then slicing the pizza on the tray with a knife. 

Edit: I went on his channel and it's a rabbit hole of conspiracy theories, cooking, and a stand up comedy set where he ends every anecdote with "and that was quite funny".

Edited by FelatioLips

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Uncle Roger can fuck right off Bacon. Issuing an apology to the Chinese Communist Party for doing a video with someone who is a critic of theirs, and deleting the video as well. They didn't even discuss politics in the video and he deleted it and apologised before there was any criticism of him from anyone. He might as well be a Tory if he is willing to do that. 

Glad to hear this as I thought he was an unfunny cunt anyway.

I made the Cubano sandwiches from Chef using the Babish recipe and they were delicious. I have been wanting to try more of his recipes..

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Edit: I went on his channel and it's a rabbit hole of conspiracy theories, cooking, and a stand up comedy set where he ends every anecdote with "and that was quite funny".

Yeah, much like his cooking, his channel and general thoughts seem to be pretty fucked. 

It's more of a general bushcraft/outdoorsy channel, but this fella does a fair bit of outdoor cooking on hot rocks. Pretty cool. 

10 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I fucking hate Babish as he's a bit peas above sticks for me. Where the fuck can I find Kosher salt? They only sell SAXA around here. Same for all the rest of the stuff. I go to the butchers twice times a week for essentials (Ace sausage rolls too) and my mates farm once a month for fresh game, and if I asked them to find or do the stuff he asks I'd be given a head start before a shotgun cartridge between the shoulder blades. 

SAXA Coarse salt is the same as kosher salt. We just have a different name for it over here. 

• Awards Moderator

The big hitters have been covered already, but a few rarer gems I'd like to share:

Atomic Shrimp covers a variety of topics but his foraging / live for £1 challenges are really interesting, plus other odds and ends about technology. A really unfocused channel which goes against everything YouTube success should be, but just shows you quality will out. Here's Christmas pudding for £1:

Barry Lewis is a bit Dad-jokey and "everything is awesome" but again his character and earnestness is so strong it's hard not to like him. His best mate is Ashens if that gives him any cred? He either does large food challenges, kitchen gadget reviews or other recipes that interest him. I've made these sliders 3 times and they are brilliant junk food:

And my boy Adam Garratt is going to be huge one of these days. He's so normal but likeable. This garlic butter chicken is a great sandwich:

Edited by Onyx2
Hmm, I seem to only recommend oozy sandwiches. Must be a time of year thing. They do other good recipes, I promise.

She’s a gamer as well as top tier fry cook? She’s the total package!

I must admit I get a little defensive of her when I see American ‘tubers ripping her on their watch through videos. Yeah she’s a shit cook but she’s our shit cook!

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

She’s a gamer as well as top tier fry cook? She’s the total package!

Soul Reaver II and Defiance are two of my favourite games ever, and I love the Legacy of Kain franchise as a whole, so that's a subscription from me.

• Moderators
On 1/22/2021 at 11:43 AM, Onyx2 said:

Barry Lewis is a bit Dad-jokey and "everything is awesome" but again his character and earnestness is so strong it's hard not to like him. His best mate is Ashens if that gives him any cred? 

The exact opposite of cred on this forum. Ashens was discussed and pretty much roundly hated on here as the dirt worst. And Barry Lewis gets on my nerves too. And he's a mate of World's Biggest Dickhead Jamie Oliver.

Now, our Kay on the other hand,..

I like Uncle Roger now, Mike Chen's supposedly a Falun Gong scumbag and Uncle should apologise for working with anyone linked to those ultra right-wingers.

Kay's great, no one can touch her.

EmmyMade does a lot of similar things to Barry Lewis without being.. well, Barry. I got in to her stuff through the Military Ration videos but her food experiments are pretty awesome.