Recipes on YouTube

Carbomb

• Moderators
2 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

Big fan of Sam the cooking guy, I wish I had his setup, but most of his recipes are attemptable. He also cooks to eat, rather than admire like some of the others (I'm looking at you Joshua weissman) 

Sam the cooking guy is fucking terrible, and having made some of Weissman's stuff I can say that you're dead wrong on that front too.

• Awards Moderator
16 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Ashens was discussed and pretty much roundly hated on here as the dirt worst. And Barry Lewis gets on my nerves too

Must've missed the Ashens chat. Assumed geeky types on here would like his tech stuff. His films are shit though. I totally get Barry not being everyone's cup of tea, he can be a bit... much. The recipes are good though. 

Edited by Onyx2

13 hours ago, Merzbow said:

TheReportOfTheWeek is a lovely lad, he mainly reviews the latest fast food items and has this real calming and positive vibe about him.

What I like about him is one of his first few videos blew up on 4chan or 8chan, one of those dickhead forums. They just took the piss and essentially bullied him off YouTube. A couple of months later he thought fuck it, came back and instead of changing, lent into the old suits and short wave radio stuff even more and laughed at the memes of himself. So whilst the trolls were still blowing his channel and chat up with views, he built a huge fanbase of people who like him and his eccentric ways. Smart kid.

• Paid Members
On 21/01/2021 at 6:46 PM, neil said:

Kay's Kitchen is hilarious. Chef John has an extremely annoying voice. I'm a big fan of June on Delish, Food52 (Sohla and Rick mainly) and Joshua Weissman has many good videos - his beginner sourdough is amazing and pretty easy.

Weissman is great. Can't see any reason to dislike him other than jealousy. I'm jealous but I still like him.

Barry Lewis is great too. Different great but enjoyable recipes and all the family like it which is extremely rare in our house. 

I have watch Sorted but I can't decide if I love or hate them. Concept is fun but there's something really dislikeable about them despite none of them being bad people. 

• Awards Moderator
45 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I have watch Sorted but I can't decide if I love or hate them. Concept is fun but there's something really dislikeable about them despite none of them being bad people. 

I totally feel the same. I watch and enjoy most of their videos but have the feeling I wouldn't like them in real life. I did work with them right at the beginning of them blowing up (2014?) and they seemed alright but they've morphed into fairly hipstery Shoreditch types. 

• Moderators

Adam Ragusea is decent. He's not trying to be hilariously funny and witty, be a character, or worst of all be act like he's your mate, he's just doing food videos.

He hasn't any recipes that compare to this though

Here's a pretty solid youtube rule. If they're making a "funny" face in their thumbnail video (especially a "Woah!" or zany one) they are fucking dog shit. That apples to all youtube videos, not just culinary ones. Recommendation to avoid. Food Review UK being an especially notable example.

Edited by PowerButchi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Someone on Reddit posted a 30 minute montage of Lee from Kay's Cooking noting everything he's eating for a whole year and it's hideous. I know Kay's Cooking is a laugh but when you see this it makes you worry a little bit for the two of them. Forrrr myyyyy tea.