Recipes on YouTube

Carbomb

• Paid Members

John Kirkwood's channel is one of my favourites and a regular go-to at the moment. I've used the dumpling recipe he put up for both Mince & Dumplings, and Beef Stew & Dumplings, and they've come out perfect every time. Biggest game-changer I got from him on that score was that you can have crispy dumplings just by leaving the lid off - I didn't even know crispy dumplings were a thing, and they're awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

In light of the last post on here, and my dinner post yesterday, here's the Beef Stew & Crispy Dumplings recipe from Monsieur Kirkwood:

At some point, I want to make this Sunderland classic (at least, I think it's Sunderland, if Bob Mortimer's jabs at Andy Dawson are anything to go by):

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, neil said:

The crispy dumplings do look incredibly good

Taste great too - think it might be the butter, but they always end up really fluffy. If there's any particular challenge I've not got past yet, it's that I've not quite been able to get the flavours of the leeks/chives/spring onions that I put in them to really come through. Might have to use shallots, cheese, or stronger herbs like parsley or sage (the parsley ones my mum used to make were very flavoursome).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

A little shameless self-promotion, sorry. Delete if I've committed a cardinal UKFF sin. Not a recipe but a documentary I've compiled about Heston Blumenthal. YouTube pays a lot of attention to the first 24 hours of a video going live so if you could stick it on in the background that would help me out. If you know anyone who might actually care about the subject please share. Thanks!

If nothing else, it will help break up your algorithm from all those videos on Purple Aki and how to sit on toilets.

• Awards Moderator
On 10/13/2022 at 12:24 PM, Onyx2 said:

A little shameless self-promotion, sorry. Delete if I've committed a cardinal UKFF sin. Not a recipe but a documentary I've compiled about Heston Blumenthal. YouTube pays a lot of attention to the first 24 hours of a video going live so if you could stick it on in the background that would help me out. If you know anyone who might actually care about the subject please share. Thanks!

If nothing else, it will help break up your algorithm from all those videos on Purple Aki and how to sit on toilets.

Corollary to this: I'm clearly catering the YouTube algorithm to specifically UKFF tastes. I shit you not, this is what the video analytics tell me people search for to find this video:

859038799_Screenshot_20221015-094127_YTStudio.thumb.jpg.2cf2ba665a8daa5a7058763b29b2439f.jpg

• Moderators
On 10/13/2022 at 12:24 PM, Onyx2 said:

Only just seen this now so sorry I miss that 24hr window but enjoyed it immensely! Fantastic work. Look forward to checking out more of your content.

• Awards Moderator
9 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Only just seen this now so sorry I miss that 24hr window but enjoyed it immensely! Fantastic work. Look forward to checking out more of your content.

Thanks. I have a couple of ideas for similar videos which I'm surprised I can't find already (that could mean no one is interested in the subject but I am so that's good enough for me!)

The UKFF will love my 9 part Jamie Oliver epic I'm sure. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...