Recipes on YouTube

Carbomb

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Questclaw79 said:

This guy is really good… mate of mine started this channel… any help would be welcome 🤗 loves good food 

Really good! Easygoing style, the video quality is good, presentation and instructions are easy to follow. More importantly, I'm intrigued by the recipe, and will probably give it a go at some point, as I've been trying to pick up quick dish recipes to help me vary up lunch. I'm also looking for more veggie dishes too.

One thing to bear in mind is that he's up against the well-established, vegan Yeung Man Cooking, which does some amazing stuff, so it may take some time for him to get traction. But I've given it a like and a subscribe.

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Really good! Easygoing style, the video quality is good, presentation and instructions are easy to follow. More importantly, I'm intrigued by the recipe, and will probably give it a go at some point, as I've been trying to pick up quick dish recipes to help me vary up lunch. I'm also looking for more veggie dishes too.

One thing to bear in mind is that he's up against the well-established, vegan Yeung Man Cooking, which does some amazing stuff, so it may take some time for him to get traction. But I've given it a like and a subscribe.

• Paid Members

Do quite a few recipes from this guy including the below which was superb 

Mrs Mears is from an Italian/Canadian household so most of the stuff on this channel hits the mark. Have yet to see anything with macaroni cheese which is a huge plus.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Do quite a few recipes from this guy including the below which was superb 

Mrs Mears is from an Italian/Canadian household so most of the stuff on this channel hits the mark. Have yet to see anything with macaroni cheese which is a huge plus.

Ah, peposo! I've saved the Food Wishes version to my "Recipes" list, as I really want to make it one day:

Thanks for the recommendation, though - it will be interesting to see what differences there are, if any. 

One thing I like to do is to combine variations, and see which ones work. For example, I always use John Kirkwood's recipe for dumplings now, but I include the flavouring ingredients from Heston Blumenthal's mince and dumplings recipe to give them more flavour.

EDIT: Ah, I know that channel! Moment I clicked and saw his face, I remember him doing a chilli recipe that looked great. He always gets his kid to do the taste test at the end.

Edited by Carbomb

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Can't remember who it was who mentioned it on here, but according to this guy, the Irish spice bag is "set to take over the US". It does look amazing. Genuinely surprised it hasn't reached London yet.

• 1 month later...
  • Awards Moderator

Stunning tutorial on 'fried rice'. Really interesting technique of drizzling the egg in and straining off the excess oil, and adding spring onions in three stages. And knife skills to die for! 

• Paid Members

Fascinating. I don't think I have much chance of pulling something like that off right now, but it's something to work towards.

Either way, it's always a buzz to watch people who are really good at what they do doing what they do.

• Paid Members

I made this Mushroom ragu. We had it with pasta though, not polenta, which I've never had in my life. It was pretty good.

I then used the leftover ragu on homemade pizza dough (also Gennaro's recipe!) with cheese the other night and it was incredible.

image.thumb.png.379b35e7ea96f35ecc191cdd7f0e84df.png

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Fascinating. I don't think I have much chance of pulling something like that off right now, but it's something to work towards.

Either way, it's always a buzz to watch people who are really good at what they do doing what they do.

You were exactly who I had in mind being interested in that video. I forgot to tag you!

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

not polenta, which I've never had in my life. 

Polenta's great - one of the best dishes I ever had was a steak with mushroom sauce, served with polenta. Does what most staples do, provides some ballast to the meal, but it also balances out the richness of the sauce while also being a bit rich itself (without ruining it).