WWE Network 2021

tiger_rick

Obviously, Jericho on Broken Skull Sessions is a huge surprise but it doesn’t make any sense either. It’s not like Jericho has been shy about his own background. He released three books and has a twice weekly podcast of his own so other than his time in AEW, there isn’t much to tell about his own story. I’m also seeing lots of people on Twitter getting excited about a potential AEW/WWE working relationship. I might be in a minority here but I’d rather both companies stayed completely separate and remained in competition with each other. “Working relationships” and talent trades (if it gets to that, it probably won’t) wouldn’t seem like two promotions in competition with each other. Competition is good surely? It’s what’s been lacking in America for so long.

4 hours ago, LCJ said:

Obviously, Jericho on Broken Skull Sessions is a huge surprise but it doesn’t make any sense either. It’s not like Jericho has been shy about his own background. He released three books and has a twice weekly podcast of his own so other than his time in AEW, there isn’t much to tell about his own story. I’m also seeing lots of people on Twitter getting excited about a potential AEW/WWE working relationship. I might be in a minority here but I’d rather both companies stayed completely separate and remained in competition with each other. “Working relationships” and talent trades (if it gets to that, it probably won’t) wouldn’t seem like two promotions in competition with each other. Competition is good surely? It’s what’s been lacking in America for so long.

There will be no WWE/AEW 'working relationship' coming out of this.

20 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

There will be no WWE/AEW 'working relationship' coming out of this.

See the part where I said “if it gets to that, it probably won’t”.

1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

Did I say I was correcting you? Nope. More a comment on the 'lots of people on Twitter' getting carried away really.

Nope, you didn’t to be fair.

Rewatching Wrestlemania 8 as the final stop on my nostalgia tour before I exit the network after next weeks Mania.

Vince had swapped from a stadium to a arena show the previous Mania due to poor ticket sales. What gave him the confidence to run a stadium show for 8? Was it the introduction of Flair?

2 minutes ago, Project Nim said:

What gave him the confidence to run a stadium show for 8? Was it the introduction of Flair?

I’d guess so. I think Hogan v Flair was originally meant to have been the main event. Crazy how the WWF only booked that match at house shows when you look back at it. Guessing the fact that Hogan decided to take a year off to film Mr. Nanny (and possibly other things) after WM8 changed the plans(?).

1 hour ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Just checked and my US subscription has now "expired". I would imagine that other subscribers with US accounts will experience the same soon.

I wonder how many people will be using a VPN and an English address now? I’m I Canada and worked for me as I had a US account

• Paid Members

It has been quite fun watching Americans go "We can't get the Network here and Canada doesn't let you sign up on the website so what's the next country? UK of course.

"Hang on, what the fuck is a pound and why am I paying $14?"