WWE Network 2021

tiger_rick

2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

So apparently WWE are pausing production on their documentaries mean announced stuff like the Lex Luger Icons one that was due out today, the Untold episode on Nexus that was supposed to air last month and the Vladimir Superfan one won’t see air at present 

Was looking forward to the Luger Documentary. Very poor of WWE to advertise something and then suddenly postpone it at the last minute.

Noticed some more episodes of WWF Superstars from 1994 have been uploaded. I watched one episode where IRS faced Scott Steiner in a King of the Ring qualifier (must have been one of the Steiner’s last WWF appearances). I forgot about the WWF allowing fans to be guest managers and ring announcers so often. The product wasn’t as bad as I remembered around that point in time either.

40 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Another strike on Nick Khan’s cost cutting wrap sheet

Does make me wonder if WWE will make the lower subscription cost (with Peacock in the States) an excuse for cutting down on documentaries.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LCJ said:

Noticed some more episodes of WWF Superstars from 1994 have been uploaded. I watched one episode where IRS faced Scott Steiner in a King of the Ring qualifier (must have been one of the Steiner’s last WWF appearances). I forgot about the WWF allowing fans to be guest managers and ring announcers so often. The product wasn’t as bad as I remembered around that point in time either.

I don't get it....I can understand them deciding to not make any new documentaries for whatever reason, but this and the Luger one and perhaps the Nexus one, have already been made, so why wouldn't they show them?

And if the reason is they want it to be on before a PPV so more people watch it....do people really watch WWE Network like that?   Surely not.   PPVs sure, but are people sitting waiting for the debut on the live stream for an interview show?   You'd just watch it on demand when you fancy it.   The fact they still have a 24 hour live stream I find strange enough.

Also what happened to the second half of the Ruthless Agression series?   Surely that's already been made too.

1 hour ago, The Dart said:

I don't get it....I can understand them deciding to not make any new documentaries for whatever reason, but this and the Luger one and perhaps the Nexus one, have already been made, so why wouldn't they show them?

And if the reason is they want it to be on before a PPV so more people watch it....do people really watch WWE Network like that?   Surely not.   PPVs sure, but are people sitting waiting for the debut on the live stream for an interview show?   You'd just watch it on demand when you fancy it.   The fact they still have a 24 hour live stream I find strange enough.

Also what happened to the second half of the Ruthless Agression series?   Surely that's already been made too.

I think there’s probably quite a high percentage of people who don’t spend a lot of time on the Network, and some who will only whack it on for the latest PPV. It’s not necessarily for those watching it live per se, but plonking a couple of ads in the PPV saying that their latest doc/interview will be available straight after you’ve watched this show is quite a sensible tactic, especially if you are spreading your content quite thinly.

They also seem to have binned off/paused all the cheap behind the scenes stuff like Chronicle and Day Of that were their staple ‘go-to’ content they were regularly churning out during the pandemic