What did you listen to this year?

Lorne Malvo

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I only use Spotify a little bit so last.fm's a better aggregation, according to that I've listened to more than any other year since 2009 but that's not strange considering being indoors so much.

spacer.png

Stop calling him B... Oh. 

I won't post mine. But if it's taught me anything it's that while I've got no problem sharing pretty much anything with my partner, my home, my money, my life, whatever. The biggest mistake I ever made was sharing my spotify account with her.

• Paid Members

My most listened to artists:

Screenshot_20201202-223521_Spotify.thumb.jpg.c1f9881c10bd0ebeff374cfb77a58add.jpg

#1 is because my wife simply cannot broaden her horizons. Now I like a bit of Billy Joel, but c'mon- you can't listen to The Stranger and nothing else EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

#2 is my 8YO son's favourite band. 3-5 will be me, although Calvin Harris will be his Love Regenerator stuff.

As for top tunes (all from 2020 as well- @SuperBacon got me into #4)

?

Screenshot_20201202-223445_Spotify.thumb.jpg.af7e283566cf7b8037d66438253dc245.jpgspan widgetspan widget

Edited by PunkStep
WHY CAN'T I DELETE THAT POXY SADFACE

My top listens have been/were:

Brockhampton's entire collection. 

Colter Wall - Kate McCannon was his most hammered track by far. Just an absolutely outstanding artist.

St Paul and the Broken Bones - Ever seen an Alan Carr lookalike who sings like a soul king? No? Neither did until I fell upon SPATBB and I haven't stopped listening since. 

NPR's Tiny Desk Concerts - Just so many gems in guests who seem to put a real effort into delivering a good performance. Most of the stripped down songs sound way better than the originals.

• Paid Members

@PunkStep I love me some Billy Joel. I almost fell out with my mum because she had 3 tickets to see him live a couple of years back and didn't ask me. Felt somewhat vindicated when she said she wished she'd taken me because I would have appreciated it more than the friends she went with.

I was upset enough that she'd seen Neil Diamond and not asked, but she raised me on Billy Joel. 

3 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Vukovi, Poppy, Gender Roles and Sports Team would be the absolute best all day line up I could watch and it is proven by those being my top 4 listened to artists this year by a mile. 

One of the things I'm most gutted about this year is not getting to see Poppy, had her show postponed twice now and no idea if or when it'll happen.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Rule One said:

Colter Wall - Kate McCannon was his most hammered track by far. Just an absolutely outstanding artist.

St Paul and the Broken Bones - Ever seen an Alan Carr lookalike who sings like a soul king? No? Neither did until I fell upon SPATBB and I haven't stopped listening since.

An Alan Carr lookalike who used to be a bank teller, a fact I also enjoy. I'll always remember the first time I heard SPATBB - was riding through rural Alabama to the liquor store in my buddy Beau's vintage Chevy Z28, he stuck the aux cable in and said "Check these boys out". Having been brought up on Muscle Shoals soul by my mum, it was like a warm hug. Love that SPATBB continue that tradition of the best soul music being performed by Alabamian country boys.

I saw Colter Wall that same trip, playing 3 songs on the bill of a charity gig in Nashville. This would have been September 2015, so about 18 months before his first full-length album came out. His manager at the time is an acquaintance of mine so briefly met him that night, recall him coming across as exceptionally shy both in person & on stage.

Neither of those made my top 5 this year though, which is:

1. Hellbound Glory (top 0.01% of listeners FTW)

2. Shooter Jennings

3. Cody Jinks

4. Sturgill Simpson

5. Ray Wylie Hubbard