AEW Video Games

Merzbow

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Fight Forever will be included in PS Plus monthly games on June 4.

On 2/15/2024 at 6:47 PM, Thunderplex said:

Can’t wait till this is £15 in Asda.

Didn’t even have to wait that long, and saved £15!

• Paid Members

It's still like £70 on Switch, but that's with all the DLC. 

Posted (edited)

Had a whack off it this this morning, since it's on PS Plus now. 

Pretty much what I was expecting. Solid, straightforward gameplay with an embarrassingly thin suite of features and roster. It's perfect PS Plus/bargain bin discount fodder though, since the gameplay is instantly accessible. No need to look up commands. I was in and out with a solid three and a half star TV match in the fifteen minutes I had to kill before work. 

It's a real shame the content and overall presentation is so bare bones. With that little bit of an extra push it really is the low-bar dream wrestling game many of us want again. I'd still take this over the "It's different now, honestly!" recent WWE games which are perfect sims of the years of WWE they're running concurrent to in terms of how overproduced and bloated they feel. That technical, sim-style gameplay and the weird uncanny valley, overly bright graphics package it's wrapped up in just doesn't do it for me. 

Looking forward to testing the limits of the create-a-wrestler this evening to see who I can end up lumping on to the teeny tiny core roster. 

Edited by The Gaffer
Whack off to whack off it. Thanks, Danger!

I'd have been pretty happy with it if it wasn't for the completely embarrassing story mode, games aren't always known for their excellent writing but this was by far the worst written mess I've witnessed in decades, it'd be mean to five year old children to say one wrote it.

Oh, and the fact I couldn't even make Hayabusa who has been a CAW staple since forever.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's currently under £20 for both Xbox and PS on Amazon. 

Pretty sure on PS you can just pay the £6.99 for one month of PS Plus, download it and it’ll continue to work even if you don’t keep the subscription.

1 minute ago, FUM said:

Pretty sure on PS you can just pay the £6.99 for one month of PS Plus, download it and it’ll continue to work even if you don’t keep the subscription.

You need an active subscription to play PS Plus games that are free to download.

22 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

You need an active subscription to play PS Plus games that are free to download.

Ah, fair enough. I just assumed they stayed as I’ve still got right old ones on there but my sub is still active so that explains that.