Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

5 hours ago, air_raid said:

And the twin bastard stepsisters of all of these, which we have come across before - flammable and inflammable, two opposite-sounding words which mean the same.

TIL I've been using "inflammable" wrong for the past 30+ years :(

31 minutes ago, gmoney said:

The one with the really annoying song ("roll up and ride on Rosie") and a cat, called Poppy I think? 

Was it Mr Jolly and his roundabout?

• Paid Members

People sitting in front of you who sit sideways on the bus. I don't want to be looking at one-half of your stupid face at 7am on a Monday morning while I'm trying to prepare myself for the impending doom of the day ahead. Face forward and sit in the poxy seat properly!

People in supermarkets that pick something up, decide they don't want it, and just leave it wherever they are. I spend far too much time tidying up after these people. I wouldn't mind so much but I work in the aisles that are furthest away from the exit, so to get out of the shop they have to walk back past the correct aisle anyway. 

• Members
27 minutes ago, DCW said:

People sitting in front of you who sit sideways on the bus. I don't want to be looking at one-half of your stupid face at 7am on a Monday morning while I'm trying to prepare myself for the impending doom of the day ahead. Face forward and sit in the poxy seat properly!

Last week on the bus I sat at the back and then this little old lady sat in one of the seats facing me, but to the side, sort of halfway in the aisle.

She was wearing a fitbit thing and spent the next 30 minutes swinging her arm back and forth (I assume to get her "steps" or "activity" up or whatever) mere inches from me.

CHEATING OLD BASTARD!

12 minutes ago, Tamura said:

People in supermarkets that pick something up, decide they don't want it, and just leave it wherever they are. I spend far too much time tidying up after these people. I wouldn't mind so much but I work in the aisles that are furthest away from the exit, so to get out of the shop they have to walk back past the correct aisle anyway. 

That used to annoy me to no end when I worked in retail - especially when someone would dump a frozen or fresh item in a general grocery aisle, meaning we’d have to waste them. 

I worked in retail quite a while ago, back when the alcohol licensing laws changed in Scotland to prevent you selling booze before 10am. Another annoyance was people asking if you’d put their alcohol through anyway, because they’d come from quite a distance or ‘didn’t know’, only to get extremely abusive when you politely explained that you could not. Heck, maybe this still happens all these years later - but the amount of abuse the staff got during that time was absolutely shameful.

7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

People in the audience at the Olympics who realise they're in the background of a shot and start mugging for the camera. 

Reminds me of a former friend of mine who as soon as England scored a goal in the Euros or World Cup would have some pre-arranged victory dance he would do that his wife would record and upload to Facebook, which for me presents the question of whether it's about the football victory or getting attention off friends. I think we can all work out it's the latter.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

People in the audience at the Olympics who realise they're in the background of a shot and start mugging for the camera. 

Said like a true non-sport watcher!

5 hours ago, Tamura said:

This is my every day, the amount of unwanted crap I pick up around my denim section daily is ridiculous, at best I can pull maybe a T-shirt or a candle from inbetween the shelves on the folded jeans tables but there’s days where I find full baskets dumped everywhere or piles of rolled up clothes on hangers stuffed onto the back wall or in the tables and you just think to yourself ‘if you don’t want this why the hell pick it up in the first place ffs’