Wrestling Newz

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Copy and pasted from a newz site (TPWW.net). I genuinely can't think of anything worse to be honest. It's all getting SO convoluted. A development for development? Huh?

---------------------------------------

WrestlingInc.com reported that WWE officials have been in talks regarding potential plans for another new weekly series under the NXT brand that is unrelated to their current NXT India plans. This report was later confirmed by the Wrestling Observer to be true.

It was reported that Paul “Triple H” Levesque recently assembled a team to oversee this new potential show, which is currently being led by former EVOLVE co-founder Gabe Sapolsky.

This new weekly show reportedly would focus primarily on WWE’s developmental talent who are not on the main NXT roster and act as a minor league system for WWE’s main NXT brand. This was descried by a source to be an “NXT for NXT.”

NXT India? Is there really enough talent for that? Who would run it?

I guess the NXT for NXT thing is to allow trainees the chance to gain in ring experience. There's no touring at the moment. They need to keep it "dark" . I can't see it having much value as a show for the Network. 

8 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Copy and pasted from a newz site (TPWW.net). I genuinely can't think of anything worse to be honest. It's all getting SO convoluted. A development for development? Huh?

---------------------------------------

WrestlingInc.com reported that WWE officials have been in talks regarding potential plans for another new weekly series under the NXT brand that is unrelated to their current NXT India plans. This report was later confirmed by the Wrestling Observer to be true.

It was reported that Paul “Triple H” Levesque recently assembled a team to oversee this new potential show, which is currently being led by former EVOLVE co-founder Gabe Sapolsky.

This new weekly show reportedly would focus primarily on WWE’s developmental talent who are not on the main NXT roster and act as a minor league system for WWE’s main NXT brand. This was descried by a source to be an “NXT for NXT.”

There are a couple of sides of this argument you can easily sit on. Firstly yes it looks like it's yet more content there looking to make which will be essentially developmental for the developmental which is really dumb and when will it stop. Secondly with all the fucking talent they are just stockpiling and doing nothing with i suppose this will give them something to do, Meaning there used and able to get themselves out there and see how they do and grow etc etc. But the argument for that is if the talent put on this new show aren't good enough for the NXT brand then why should we be that bothered about them Your just expecting us to watch just because it's dangling the carrot of essentially another INDY style brand under the WWE banner.  

The thing is that NXT isn't a developmental brand anymore. Not in the way it used to be or that it should be. WWE have sold it as a third brand and there's no going back on that, especially from a TV perspective.

So from an internal view, this is exactly what they need, especially if there are little to no live events going forward. And if it's just on the Network then nothing wrong with it really. There's no pressure from TV execs or anything but those involved still get to learn how to work in-ring and for TV.

A  simple 60 min show for guys to practice gimmicks and promo's to feel the pressure of timing and cameras without it being too real yet, no titles or nxt guys, maybe on occasion have the N.A champion appear to face a real prospect but otherwise keep it simple.

I know that is pretty much how NXT started but given how good and popular it got you can see they would captilise on it

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

About time someone resurrected the IRS gimmick.

Speaking of IRS, has he ever done anything that wasn't mind numbingly boring? I always treated him with absolute apathy whenever he appeared on my screen, and these days just fast forward him when watching old shows. 

If there's something he has done that was interesting, I'm open to suggestions. I'll make a bet that it wasn't as IRS or VK Wallstreet. 

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

The thing is that NXT isn't a developmental brand anymore. Not in the way it used to be or that it should be. WWE have sold it as a third brand and there's no going back on that, especially from a TV perspective.

So from an internal view, this is exactly what they need, especially if there are little to no live events going forward. And if it's just on the Network then nothing wrong with it really. There's no pressure from TV execs or anything but those involved still get to learn how to work in-ring and for TV.

The live events thing is a a big one. Some of those NXT house shows they used to run around Florida would only ever have one or two people who were TV regulars, with the shows being made up of the proper developmental wrestlers. With none of those for the foreseeable future, it’s probably a chance to give them a bit of exposure and experience. 

6 minutes ago, Sergio Bellend said:

The live events thing is a a big one. Some of those NXT house shows they used to run around Florida would only ever have one or two people who were TV regulars, with the shows being made up of the proper developmental wrestlers. With none of those for the foreseeable future, it’s probably a chance to give them a bit of exposure and experience. 

Yeah that's definitely where I think the logic comes from. There have always been names you'd see mentioned on the local house show results but never see on TV. In fact some seemed to be on those shows for AGES and never make it to TV.

Experience like that is invaluable. We're at a point now where the NXT shows are expected to be of a high TV ready calibre and it's not exactly a learning or developing ground now.

This seems like a natural step in trying to regain some of what has been missing this year.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Speaking of IRS, has he ever done anything that wasn't mind numbingly boring? I always treated him with absolute apathy whenever he appeared on my screen, and these days just fast forward him when watching old shows. 

If there's something he has done that was interesting, I'm open to suggestions. I'll make a bet that it wasn't as IRS or VK Wallstreet. 

He was decent in the Varsity Club. I've heard people say US Express with Baz Windham was pretty good too, but I haven't seen much of them myself. As IRS, he did decent colour commentary on RAW a few times I think, but other than that I found him to be shite. 

• Paid Members

I remember in the early years on here, there were a lot of people who were very complimentary of his work in NJPW and AJPW. I never got to see any of it, unfortunately, but it seemed to be consensus that he was really good.

58 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

There was a match with Sting from early '89 on the NWA World Championship Wrestling show (the precursor to Saturday Night) that I thought was the best match I'd ever seen him in when I first saw it.  People tend to default to the Varsity Club stuff for Rotundo, but that did nothing for me.