Wrestling Newz

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

WrestlingInc.com reported that WWE officials have been in talks regarding potential plans for another new weekly series under the NXT brand that is unrelated to their current NXT India plans. This report was later confirmed by the Wrestling Observer to be true.

It was reported that Paul “Triple H” Levesque recently assembled a team to oversee this new potential show, which is currently being led by former EVOLVE co-founder Gabe Sapolsky.

To be fair its about time the company expanded its market share and the world's crying out for more WWE product.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

To be fair its about time the company expanded its market share and the world's crying out for more WWE product.

I've read you mention this before @garynysmon  regarding WWE's market share. Can you explain what you mean/what the issue is with their market share? Do you mean because they have had (until recently at least) a virtual monopoly? I appreciate I may have answered my own question there. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I've read you mention this before @garynysmon  regarding WWE's market share. Can you explain what you mean/what the issue is with their market share? Do you mean because they have had (until recently at least) a virtual monopoly? I appreciate I may have answered my own question there. 

Pretty much.

Although its always been their aim and may work for them financially, it doesn't mean its healthy nor a good thing for the business for a whole.

Braced for even more stockpiling of talent and probably stalling the progress of quite a few wrestlers that may have otherwise flourished organically.

2 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Braced for even more stockpiling of talent and probably stalling the progress of quite a few wrestlers that may have otherwise flourished organically.

No one is forced to sign a contract with WWE though. There are plenty of opportunities elsewhere and a lot of options. If they want to take a chance with Vince then that's their choice really. I doubt they're naive enough to sign up without being aware of the potential struggles.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Speaking of IRS, has he ever done anything that wasn't mind numbingly boring? I always treated him with absolute apathy whenever he appeared on my screen, and these days just fast forward him when watching old shows. 

If there's something he has done that was interesting, I'm open to suggestions. I'll make a bet that it wasn't as IRS or VK Wallstreet. 

Varsity Club and US Express were both solid. 

1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

No one is forced to sign a contract with WWE though. There are plenty of opportunities elsewhere and a lot of options. If they want to take a chance with Vince then that's their choice really. I doubt they're naive enough to sign up without being aware of the potential struggles.

I understand why wrestlers are signing with NXT/WWE. With the pandemic meaning less opportunity in the independent scene. Getting locked up to a contract with money coming in makes sense. They just shouldn't act shocked if a guy weighing 100 pounds more than them with a better body and is half a foot taller ends up being called onto the main roster before them. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Of course not, if you're offering a young wrestler the chance to come under the WWE banner then chances are they're going to take it.

I can't say I'd do differently in that situation either.

But I can only compare it to all those young players who signed for Chelsea, when the chance of them making the first team was slim to none, but always thinking they would be the one that will finally make it.

In reality, they usually ended up bouncing from loan spell to loan spell when their career would probably benefitted from some stability and coming through the ranks elsewhere.

I have never attended a wrestling school in my life, but I find it hard to believe that so many wrestlers coming through the same environment and trained by the same people is conducive to a vibrant future scene.

To be frank, I don't think WWE is always the healthiest environment to work and develop in.

Edited by garynysmon

32 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Of course not, if you're offering a young wrestler the chance to come under the WWE banner then chances are they're going to take it.

I can't say I'd do differently in that situation either.

But I can only compare it to all those young players who signed for Chelsea, when the chance of them making the first team was slim to none, but always thinking they would be the one that will finally make it.

In reality, they usually ended up bouncing from loan spell to loan spell when their career would probably benefitted from some stability and coming through the ranks elsewhere.

I have never attended a wrestling school in my life, but I find it hard to believe that so many wrestlers coming through the same environment and trained by the same people is conducive to a vibrant future scene.

To be frank, I don't think WWE is always the healthiest environment to work and develop in.

Absolutely fair point of view.

On the flip side this could be the best time of all to sign with them.

Change is coming. It has to come. Get in there now, use their expert training facilities and hope that in a few years there's a real time to shine and some opportunities under a new regime.

If things are right about the networks starting to get pissed off etc I think this is going to have to develop beyond Vince sooner rather than later.

Although I can absolutely see why no one would believe there's a chance in hell of any of that happening.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Speaking of IRS, has he ever done anything that wasn't mind numbingly boring? I always treated him with absolute apathy whenever he appeared on my screen, and these days just fast forward him when watching old shows. 

If there's something he has done that was interesting, I'm open to suggestions. I'll make a bet that it wasn't as IRS or VK Wallstreet. 

I always liked his Write Off finisher. A simple rebound clothesline. Easy to do in the playground, easy to do on WWF Super Wrestlemania on the Mega Drive.

11 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I always liked his Write Off finisher. A simple rebound clothesline. Easy to do in the playground, easy to do on WWF Super Wrestlemania on the Mega Drive.

But even then. In the age of the Razor's Edge and the Powerbomb, with 1-2-3 Kid doing moonsaults, Irwin's big move is a clothesline.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members
Just now, Liam O'Rourke said:

But even then. In the age of the Razor's Edge and the Powerbomb, with 1-2-3 Kid doing moonsault, Irwin's big move is a clothesline.

1-2-3 Kid’s flippy floppy shit was killing the business.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

And his kung fu movie style flouncing his arms and legs around. 

That's reminded me that when I was a kid, I couldn't get into Booker T because he flailed his arms around too much. I remember seeing him on WCW Worldwide and thinking 'fuck me, calm it down with the arms'. 

7 hours ago, garynysmon said:

To be fair that scene is becoming more homogeneous anyway. You can see that in both AEW and WWE. Ironically because of the freedom in AEW its actually probably more apparent when watching their shows.