Extreme Rules 2020 really was a horror show *spoilers*...

iMPACt!

This show may have to be one of the lowest moments they've had.

I'd seen no build up so was unaware and absolutely gobsmacked at the fact one match was actually focused on the only way to win was to gauge somebody's eye out. Utterly offensive and highly irresponsible considering the younger viewing audience they now target. Apparently they were going to have actual CGI of an eyeball popping out but Vince didn't like the look of it and sacked it off.

Ziggler in the title match.

Swamp Match was yet another cinematic pile of nonsense and nowhere even near the Boneyard Match.

No wonder ratings are in the toilet.

Edit: just seen a screenshot on twitter. I must have missed it when watching but you can see a fake eyeball through a hand....

Edited by iMPACt!

17 minutes ago, iMPACt! said:

This show may have to be one of the lowest moments they've had.

I'd seen no build up so was unaware and absolutely gobsmacked at the fact one match was actually focused on the only way to win was to gauge somebody's eye out. Utterly offensive and highly irresponsible considering the younger viewing audience they now target. Apparently they were going to have actual CGI of an eyeball popping out but Vince didn't like the look of it and sacked it off.

Ziggler in the title match.

Swamp Match was yet another cinematic pile of nonsense and nowhere even near the Boneyard Match.

No wonder ratings are in the toilet.

Edit: just seen a screenshot on twitter. I must have missed it when watching but you can see a fake eyeball through a hand....

They need to stop with the bullshit, realise they aren't movie producers and stick to wrestling. McMahon believes he is some big film director though that's the issue. 

• Paid Members

That was hands down the dumbest WWE PPV I’ve seen. Thank fuck I was watching it with a mate so we could share our disbelief. 

the opener was pretty good with a brutal looking ending. Then it quickly started falling off a cliff, gaining speed until it landed in that swamp. Who was this event appealing to? And to think in a few months there is a possibility that may start charging the PPV’s separately again.

still, at least it gave us the chance to quote everyone’s favourite Vince moment from Beyond the Mat I suppose.

I’ve pretty much given up on WWE during the empty arena era but I did watch the Eye Match just to see what the hell they were going to do with such a ludicrous stipulation. Only in WWE could something be extracted by pressing down pressure. Simon Phoenix this was not. 

Kendo-Sticks are as played as heel authority figures. You’ve got all those fucking people on the writing staff, and all they can ever fucking come up with is using fucking Kendo-Sticks. Just use a pen

wpUzSM2.jpg

As good as the boneyard match was, it’s the worst thing to happen in years. As usual with them, something has some success and they beat it dead into the ground over and over again  with their horrible, shitty booking and ideas aimed at a soon to be 75 year old man that it actually makes it look like their one good attempt was a total fluke. 

People joke about WCW comparisons, but this company currently seems more inept than WCW in its dying days.

Edited by Yakashi

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Someone said after WrestleMania that because the Boneyard match was so effective, they'll definitely just take the wrong message and decide to completely overdo that, like they do with anything that has an iota of success.

Well...

I shared the above concerns after WM and said in the "I've just watched" thread (I was too embarrassed by the PPV to start a thread) that they've jumped the cinematic shark already with the swamp match.

Not only has there been no explanation as to why The Fiend has been absent, there were no rules of engagement, it was very disjointed and advanced neither character. 

The Firefly Funhouse match made sense in some sort of perverse way and added another dimension to The Fiend. Last night's attempt made no sense. There was no vengeance, no tying up loose ends and backed The Fiend character into a corner. Assuming the rubber match is Braun vs The Fiend, the title will have to change hands to avoid killing the character one and for all. In just over 12 months, the concept has just about been booked into apathy.

Other observations: Drew is THE guy. Roman can take his work out selfies and away with them. Drew's physically impressive, a cracking promo considering the Scottish accent and has had a high standard of match since winning the title. He's made some pretty average material work and is the legit badass that Roman should've been when The Shield split up the first time.

Sasha Banks is absolute money. Her matches ways deliver (in my opinion) and combined with her social media presence should be THE star in RR's/Becky's absence. I've never been overly fussed with women's wrestling but I could watch Sasha all day long (not in a pervy way thanks) because she's a good promo, great wrestler and the presence is a cut above the rest.

Seth vs Rey? It could and should've been great had the ridiculous stipulation not been attached. Seth has won me over again during this run and Rey delivered some decent spots. The absence of fans does not justify the lengths to which they're trying to innovate and stretch our disbelief.

MVP in 2020. Lol. 

2 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Nothing sums up how shite WWE is in 2020 better than someone actually thinking Drew McIntyre should be the biggest star of the company.

He should have been. He was looking every inch a superstar. Then he won the title and they changed him to their standard babyface WWE Champion - smiling, making unfunny jokes and winking at the camera. Not too mention that everytime someone challenges him for the belt he refuses at first because he's shit scared of losing his belt. 

• Paid Members

Swear I read before the event Ziggler has won 1 singles match in 6 months and that was against Tucker. 

Not exactly the most difficult of challenges, even with the added stips in his favour. 

Edit: checked Cagematch and including live events, since his match with Goldberg last year he's had 57 documented matches, won like 9 of them and only 1 was a singles match, the rest being tag or multi persons. 

It's hard pressed to look at someone's record in the last 3 years and wonder both how he had a feud with Kofi over the title and now Drew. The guys an absolute after thought. 

Edited by Shy Dad

They really have shit the bed on this cinematic b.s. haven't they? Already. Just over 3 months and they've completely buried a concept that could have gotten several years of decent output for the likes of a Taker, hell, they could have probably coaxed Austin into doing something similar. 

I am completely and hopelessly partly to blame for it all, as I assume some of you are too. In that no matter how bad it gets (and in 30 years as a fan, it really, probably is rock bottom. Absolute dog shit) I somehow just can't walk away for good. I would love to, I really would. But I'm just drawn to watch a few minutes here, and a few minutes there. And it absolutely pisses me off, not just in it's quality but because I somehow cannot distance myself from it completely. The biggest frustration of it all, so long as I'm a drongo and keep seeking out little bits here and there, the old man will keep churning out this absolute dross. And it never will get any better. 

Shame on me. 😵

Edited by Mikeymike83