Extreme Rules 2020 really was a horror show *spoilers*...

iMPACt!

6 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

Not really no

You specifically singled out NXT and AEW as the 2 shows you watch Bits and Clips from whilst making sure to say you hadnt seen any WWE for months.

Ignoring the fact NXT is WWE still anyway why state you hadnt seen ANY WWE in months if you have then?

That's hella nitpicky. Much like @Snitsky's back acne, I haven't watched any more than a couple of clips of things that might interest me (most of the time being left disappointed) from WWE in a very long time. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a full WWE show. To me, that would mean I haven't watched WWE in a long time. 

I also haven't watched Only Fools and Horses in a while. I don't bring up the "Vot is your nam?" clip I watched the other day, cos that would be nitpicky.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

And unpopular opinion; I liked the Eye for an Eye match. I thought the work in it was solid, and they did a decent job of balancing the stip and having a good match. As for the eye stunt, I thought that was acceptable and worked better as a moving image as oppose to a still like we saw in the thread.

What did you think of Seth Rollins throwing up afterwards?

Personally, fake plastic eyeballs and vomit isn't really what I look for in my wrestling. 

41 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

That's hella nitpicky. Much like @Snitsky's back acne, I haven't watched any more than a couple of clips of things that might interest me (most of the time being left disappointed) from WWE in a very long time. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a full WWE show. To me, that would mean I haven't watched WWE in a long time. 

I also haven't watched Only Fools and Horses in a while. I don't bring up the "Vot is your nam?" clip I watched the other day, cos that would be nitpicky.

Oh yeah its nitpicky and I wasnt intentionally being pedantic but I see so many people say they no longer watch WWE to only then complain about current WWE 

I was only confused because a distinction had clearly been made between watching Bits and clips as he said about AEW and NXT and not watching any at all as he said about WWE

Why not say "I've seen bits and clips of WWE" then

How long do you have to watch something for it to move from havent seen any at all to having seen Bits and Clips?

As I said it's just me being pedantic and dosnt matter really.

3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

What did you think of Seth Rollins throwing up afterwards?

Personally, fake plastic eyeballs and vomit isn't really what I look for in my wrestling. 

Yeah... I actually thought the concept of vomit was fine, but came across as a bit hokey and hammy. Would of be better being sold understatedly.

Rey's eye out, get people to check on him. Seth looks a little queasy but effectively walks off quite sharpish.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

We can complain about what we are watching, and here is a lot to dislike, but then are we even the target audience anymore?

No, because we aren't network programming directors.

5 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

Oh yeah its nitpicky and I wasnt intentionally being pedantic but I see so many people say they no longer watch WWE to only then complain about current WWE 

I was only confused because a distinction had clearly been made between watching Bits and clips as he said about AEW and NXT and not watching any at all as he said about WWE

Why not say "I've seen bits and clips of WWE" then

How long do you have to watch something for it to move from havent seen any at all to having seen Bits and Clips?

As I said it's just me being pedantic and dosnt matter really.

As I say, I haven't watched a full WWE show in a very long time. However, I do have a group of friends who enjoy wrestling, and one or two of them still enjoy WWE, so the group chat has a bit of WWE talk. If they say something is worth checking out, for good or bad reasons, I'll take a look. But I don't watch WWE. Do I know the context or backstory of the things I see? Not at all. But Rey's fake eyeball and the swamp match (which I watched in its entirety, because a friend said it was good - I might cancel that friendship) were terrible and I don't need to be clued up on all things WWE to know that.

• Paid Members

1 minute ago, Michael_3165 said:

Do you think once this contract with FOX is up that WWE will take a kicking in terms of negotiating a better deal in the future? I can't see FOX wanting to dish out more money for a ratings loser? 

It all depends what shape the TV industry is in by then, I'd have thought.

I'm not sure they'll "take a kicking" as such. It's not like FOX took them on at 90s levels of ratings and they've completely fallen off a cliff. I imagine they'll try to get a cheaper deal but overall their expectations can't have been crazy high unless they're dumb.

I've read snippets of networks panicking about there fall lineups/new seasons of shows due to alot of shows either not ready or filmed at all, so I can see why wwe maybe got pressured to keep going (doubt it took much).

Ratings are shit and tv isn't great but they are missing chunks of the roster and consistency with them

Hopefully whenever crowds and roster returns, wwe will get there shit together and fans won't keep bringing up some of the shit we've seem past few months 

Integrity really isn’t the word when it comes to WWE but it’s the most appropriate word I can think of.

Vince seems to have gone batshit over lockdown and he seems to have thrown basic integrity out the window - hence wrestlers thrown off buildings then turning up two days later, alternate universes, best match ever, eye gouging.. Some early encouragement on the cinematic approach has seen the man get totally carried away by the looks of it.

Knowing WWE the way I do, I expect about another six months of this before they do the whole ‘we hear the voices of the WWE universe and we are embarking on change’ spiel.